Company: African Management Services Company (AMSCO)
Job Title: Pricing Analyst
A leading expert on the unique and extreme challenges that scarcity of human capital in Africa poses, African Management Services Company (AMSCO) has been providing human capital solutions to African industries for more than 25 years. We work with a wide variety of clients ranging from private and public investors, SMEs and large companies through to industry associations and governmental organizations with a vision to grow African businesses – assist them to become globally competitive, profitable and sustainable. AMSCO grew out of the African Training and Management Services Project (ATMS), a joint initiative of International Finance Corporation (IFC), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and African Development Bank (AfDB). Specialties Talent Management (Management Placement and Recruitment), Capacity Development (Training), Technical Assistance Programmes
To work as a member of the pricing team responsible for generating quotes for opportunities based using internal pricing tools and databases for standard products. The role holder will be responsible for generating quotes and maintaining a database of non-standard pricing requests. In addition, the role holder will support pricing requests for RFI’s and RFP’s. The roe holder must be able to work with Sales, Pre-sales, bid management, service delivery and finance to support opportunities; and understand and analyse the commercial landscape in the pan-African market. The role holder will maintain the international price book and support in product pricing strategies.
- Utilizes and generates price quotes using the pricing tool in a timely manner to meet team SLA.
- Works with country operating Company to define and agree rate cards to be used in the pricing tool every quarter
- Participates in regular reviews with OpCos to cover issues, dependencies, strategy, process and performance related pricing.
- Provides timely commercial support for RFI’s and RFP’s
- Provides inputs and supports the relevant parties in productions of weekly and monthly pricing reporting packs
- Works with vendor management to obtain off-net pricing
- Reviews and analyses win/loss reports and liaises with sales to initiate the development of a database to derive commercial market trends and provide competitor intelligence.
- Engages internal and external parties to understand how review quoting process can be improved to reduce turn-around time and generate competitive quotes
- Works closely with product managers and sales to develop product pricing structures and strategies to help growth or penetration of the products.
- Commercial Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma or Qualification by Experience (QBE)
- 3+ years in Telco/IT environment
- Ability to articulate complex commercial propositions in a clear concise manner to multiple levels within the business
- Experience in working in high pressure environment
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships, and close integration, with regional Sales, Service functions and Finance teams.
- Experience in a sales environment
- Experience in producing professional outputs using industry best practice methods and tools (MS Excel/PowerPoint etc.)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrate an understanding of key financial metrics such as ROI and demonstrate a capability to use these as key selling tools.
- Demonstrate experience in identifying up-selling sales opportunities which increase product penetration within the customer.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and an ability to manage the opportunity lifecycle from discovery to generation of proposal and subsequent closure and implementation.
- Demonstrate high level of competence with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand and effectively use internal process management tools.
- Demonstrate the introduction of new innovative concepts to key decision makers within the customer through relationship and stakeholder management of the CxO level within the customer organisation.
- An awareness of the telecoms and the ICT industry and the impact it is having on the customer organisation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to African Management Services Company (AMSCO) career website on www.placementpartner.co.za to apply