ORGANISATION: KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL is a Private Christian School owned and operated by YOUTH FOR CHRIST/RWANDA which is a missionary movement entrusted with a global vision and committed to a mission of youth evangelism, discipleship, social involvement and leadership development.
In its Strategies, Youth for Christ/Rwanda reaches the youth through Education and thus started and owns KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL.
It is against this back ground that Youth for Christ/Rwanda wishes to recruit competent and qualified person to fill the position of Primary Teacher.
Job Title: Primary Teacher-Full time staff
Supervisor(s): Primary SectionAcademic Director; School Director.
Job Summary: To ensure that students are taught and kept in safe teaching and learning environment necessary for them to become future servants of God and the community.
1. PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHER -Full time
• Follower of Jesus Christ and actively involved in a local church;
• Passion to serve and work hard;
• Self-disciplined and teachable;
• Diploma/Degree in Education;
• Prior experience of at least two years in teaching in Upper Level;
• Fluent in English and French;
• Be able to teach any subject in both levels (upper and Lower Level).
Knowledge and Skills:
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Able to communicate (written and oral) with English, French and Kinyarwanda;
• University degree in Education;
• Minimum two years experience to the position;
• Experience with maintaining databases;
• Fluent in English, French and Kinyarwanda;
• Be able to teach in both Lower and Upper Level
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and teach lessons professionally.
• Make adequate teaching aids.
• Make sure the class has a favorable learning environment.
• Have all professional documents and show them to any hierarchical authority when asked.
• File and keep properly all students books.
• Make children respect, well manage and account for the school materials.
• Make sure the classroom is tidy and clean.
• Check the going in and out of the learners, accompany them wherever they are. At all occasions, she or he is responsible for them and must give them a good example.
• Attend all meetings organized by the school.
• Check punctuality and regularity of the children.
• Make all necessary reports as asked by the school administration.
• Make sure the discipline and cleanliness of the children are observed.
• Ensure the school materials are well accounted for and well utilized.
• Collaborate closely with parents, assistant teachers, school authorities and other stakeholders.
• Ensure a good collaboration with the team leaders or their hierarchical leaders.
• Do his/her work according to the decisions and instructions of the hierarchical authorities.
• Check if the medium of instruction and other languages are used adequately.
• Accomplish all responsibilities given by the school authorities.
• Check the use of the children’s class diaries.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications addressed to the National Director, YOUTH FOR CHRIST/RWANDA at the school head office at Kibagabaga not later than 3rd September 2015 at 5:00 pm including:
1. Application letter;
2. Curriculum Vitae bearing at least three referees;
3. Recommendation letter from the church;
4. Copies of academic credentials
Done at Kigali on 24/08/2015
By, RUGWIZANGOGA Diogène
Administration & Finance Manager, KCS