Principal Human Resource Management Officer Job at Makueni County, Kenya
Job Group P
Principal HR Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting in collecting, collating, and analyzing Human Resource data from the Department and making recommendations thereof.
- Analyzing Human Resource issues emanating from the department and initiating appropriate action\
- Assisting in administering HR-related documentation, such as contracts of employment.
- Implementing, monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of existing HR Policies, guidelines and procedures
- Planning, Coordinating and controlling Human Resource Management activities of recruitment, appointments, employee relations and discipline.
- Implementing HR policies and regulations
- Analyzing staff progression and making proposals for career development.
- Ensuring the relevant HR database is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation.
- Assisting in carrying out staff audits, identify gaps and develop optimal staffing levels at the county.
- Assisting in all administrative activities relating to medical aid, insurance, health and safety, staff retirement benefits and staff leave administration.
- Ensuring correct interpretation of human resource policies, rules, regulations, labour laws and other relevant statutes.
- Assisting in drafting job descriptions in consultation with heads of department
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor from time to time.
Requirements for Principal HR Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences or business related field.
- Diploma in Human Resource Management or any business related field.
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or any business related field is an added advantage.
- Be a member of IHRM
- Those with CPS qualification will have an added advantage.
- Served as Chief Human Resource Management Officer or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service for a period of 3 years or 5 years relevant experience in private sector.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Basic numeracy and IT skills required for operating various systems.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and explain the official framework employment regulation.
- Good negotiating and influencing skills in implementing Human Resource Management policies.
- Able to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Working experience in health related field will be an added advantage.
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
- Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates, ID card and clearance from the various institutions as listed below should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to; The Secretary/CEO Makueni County Public Service Board P.O. Box 49 – 90300 Makueni
- Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute.
- All the applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board, on or before Friday, 26th August, 2016.
- Note All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
- The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.