Principal Records Management Jobs At Kirinyaga County In Kenya
Pursuant to the constitution of Kenya 2010 (Articles 185(2) (186 (1) and 187 (2) on distribution of functions between the National Government and the County Government’s Act No.17 of 2012:- The County Government of Kirinyaga invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
Principal Records and Archives Management – 1 Post
Job Ref: KCPSB/RAM/02/08/07/2016
Job Group: N
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Principal Records Management Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Deliver professional archival management services in accordance with agreed standards and procedures and consistent with best practice.
- Facilitate the transferring of records between County’s various records storage locations.
- Complete an archival program for selected records series for permanent retention, including arrangement, conservation, boxing and completion of series descriptions and finding aids.
- Devising and ensuring the implementation of retention and disposal schedules;
- Provide advice to the Management on the development, maintenance and retrieval of County’s archive records.
- Manage archives / record-keeping projects and tasks, and deliver results, that consistently meet high standards of quality and timeliness.
- Assist with day to day records section activities as required.
- An understanding of and adherence to the requirements of maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Maintaining good filing system and ensuring security of records
- Design and implement maintenance and tracking of records control tools
- Ensuring restricted access of County records.
- Ensuring that there is compliance with the National Archives and Documentation Act.
- Training and supervising records staff;
- Advising staff in other departments on the management of their records and information
- Performing any other duty as maybe assigned from time to time
Qualifications For Principal Records Management Jobs In Kenya
- A Kenyan citizen.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information or Library Science, or equivalent
- A masters Degree in relevant field will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years in a busy registry at supervisory in public or private organisation.
- Be fully conversant with Kenyan legislation on record management.
- Excellent computer skills.
How to Apply
All applications should be sent by post quoting the job reference number on the subject of the application and on the envelop. A photocopy of National ID card and PIN certificate should be Attached. Applications can also be hand delivered to the County Governor’s office Kirinyaga, at the County Public Service Board Office (Room No.18) on or before 14th March 2016 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity Cards and Testimonials during the interview. The Successful candidate will be required to produce: Clearance Certificate from CID, HELB, KRA, EACC, and CRB The Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply. The Salary and benefits attached to the post may be subject to review as would be advised by Salaries and Remuneration Commission. Secretary Kirinyaga County Public Service Board P.O Box 260 – 10304 KUTUS