The Office of the Controller of Budget is an independent Office established under Article 228 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Its core mandate is to oversee implementation of the budgets of the National and County governments, approve withdrawals from the Consolidated Fund (Article 206), County Revenue Fund (Article 207) and Equalisation Fund (Article 204) and report on Budget Implementation to Parliament every four months.
Pursuant to Article 252 (1) (c) of the Constitution, the Office seeks to recruit a highly qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant position:
Principal Research & Planning Officer
Grade COB 5
Reporting to the Director Research & Planning, the officer will be responsible for implementing the strategic plan of the institution, research policies, systems and procedures.
- Develop and implement research and planning strategy, policies, systems and procedures on budget implementation;
- Ensure implementation of the strategic plan of the institution;
- Collate and analyze macro-economic, socio-economic and fiscal data;
- Ensure objective research and analysis on budget implementation in policy issues with the ultimate goal of advising on improvement in budget implementation;
- Collaborate with external research institutions, policy makers and other stakeholders;
- Ensure implementation of the organization’s research and planning assignments;
- Oversee the preparation and implementation of the departmental work plans;
- Undertake research and prepare presentations as required by the Controller of Budget;
- Coordinate preparation of research and planning reports.
Requirements for the position
- Must have a Bachelors degree in either Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- Must be well versed with the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
- Must have at least 5 years relevant work experience;
- Broad knowledge of Research work and Project Management;
- A Masters degree in Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized university will be an added advantage.
- Required Skills and Personal Attributes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good corporate governance
- Team player
- Knowledge of Public Finance Management Act
Terms and Conditions of Service: Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package and will be appointed on a three (3) year contract term.
How to Apply
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter.
Enclose a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, Home County, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card.
You should also give the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Controller of Budget Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue. P.O Box 35616-00100
The closing date is 15th September, 2015.
Only complete applications received by this deadline will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.