PRINCIPAL TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR -KIMC GRADE 10 –1 POST –REF NO. KIMC/PTI/1/2017
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication (KIMC) is the oldest Middle Level media training Institution in Kenya established in 1961.It is currently a State Corporation established through Legal Notice No.197 of 2011(amended). The Institute offers training at Post Graduate, Diploma and Certificate levels in Communication and Cinematic Arts.
Job Responsibilities for the Technical Instructor
- The responsibilities of the Principal Technical Instructorshall include and not limited to:-
- Training in the areas of specialization;
- Providing specialized inputs in technical training; development of technical training materials;
- Conducting research and related consultancy in technical training;
- Coordinating activities in an of the following sections, radio/television/film studio, camera\lighting\sound\production design and animation division, video recording\editing facilities, post production facilities and laboratories (photographic, film, computer and engineering) as per area of specialization
Requirements for the Technical Instructor Job
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- Served in the grade of Chief Technical Instructor in a comparable position in the Public
- Service or Private Sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Television, Radio, Film and Video Production, Film/Video Sound, Film/Video Camera, Film/Video Editing, Film Technology, Mass Communication (Radio and/or Television), Studio Technical Operations/Media Technology, Technical Education, Photojournalism, Broadcast Journalism, Journalism, Electrical/Electronic, Telecommunication Engineering, Theatre Arts, Animation, Fine Art/Design or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following technical disciplines: Television, Radio, Film and Video Production, Film/Video Sound, Film/Video Camera, Film/Video Editing, Film Technology, Mass Communication (Radio and/or Television), Studio Technical Operations/Media Technology, Technical Education, Photojournalism, Broadcast Journalism, Journalism, Electrical/Electronic, Telecommunication Engineering, Theatre Arts, Animation, Fine Art/Design or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in Training of Trainers course lasting not less than six (6) months from a recognized Institution (holders of Certificate in Education are exempted);
- Attended Senior Management Course in a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills ; and
- Shown merit, integrity and ability in the performance reflected in the work performance and results.
In addition, candidates must adhere to the provisions of Chapter VI on Leadership and integrity, as enshrined in the Constitution of Kenya 2010.Interested candidates must submit Certificates of Compliance fromKenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC), Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and provide Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID).
Terms of Service
The successful candidate will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms of service. The Salary for this position will range from Kshs.66,381/= to 102,872/=
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their applications quoting the job reference number accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae; copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card, Transcripts and Testimonials; Daytime
Contacts; Full Names and Contacts of three (3) referees to:
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication
Uholo Road, (South B), Nairobi
Off Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 42422 – 00100
So as to reach him not later than 3 rd February 2017.
The Kenya Institute of Mass Communication (KIMC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action.In this regard, women, persons with disability and minority with the requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualifications.