Marketing & Public Relations ExecutivePerformers Rights Society of Kenya (PRISK) is a Collective Management Organization (CMO) licensed by the Kenya Copyright Board under Section 46 (2) of the Copyright Act 2001 to represent performers of audio and audio-visual works.
PRISK is mandated to collect license fees from public users of sound recordings and audio-visual works and distribute royalties to the respective rights holders in accordance with Section 30 (A) of the Copyright Act, Cap 130, Laws of Kenya.
PRISK seeks to engage a Marketing and Public Relations Executive who will be responsible for ensuring proper market visibility for Performers Rights Society of Kenya through planning, sponsorships, advertising, public relations and Research
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the General Manager, the Marketing & Public Relations Executive shall have the following responsibilities;1) Communication
- Assist in the development of internal and external communications,
- Carrying out social media interactions and provide advise and select the best use of media and overall communications channels required for the successful execution of marketing campaigns.
- To coordinate successful and timely release of newsletters and other internal communications,
- Conduct internal communication courses, workshops and media training
2) Customer / Media relations
- Ensure a high level of customer service, handle complaints and bring them to the attention of the relevant departmental head
- Work with media outlets to publish timely company information, such as press releases, brochures, and other materials and ensuring communication strategy is consistent and reflects the company’s strategic vision.
- Develop and execute strategies that are intended to create and uphold a positive public image for clients by working, forming and managing relationships with various members of the media/ media outlets, government, and public
- Advocate on behalf of the company brand with external stakeholders and the media across all communications channels.
- Serve as main information source for all media contacts requesting data, insights and media opinion influences.
- Develop online content strategy and manage content workflow thereby ensuring that the Society’s websites and social media platforms are updated regularly with the relevant information.
3) Events Management
- Managing and overseeing company’s events and representing the company in different issues involving the company
- Liaise with the media to ensure adequate media coverage for events
- Organize special events such as visits, exhibitions and functions
- To source gift items for the various functions: going out to obtain samples and to check quality and prices, and to liaise with the Accounts department on their procurement
- Organize membership seminars and sensitization workshops in accordance with the overall goals and objectives set in place to ensure retention & satisfaction of current members and acquisition of new members.
4) Create and develop marketing materials and campaign assets for membership recruitment drives and advertisements. 5) Public relations
- Assist to formulate and manage the Public relations budget and ensuring cost effective practices.
- Developing and executing clients’ public relations programs, Corporate Social responsibility and publicity activities.
- Respond to enquiries from the public, media and other organizations
- Responsible for preparing timely marketing reports as and when required.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations
- Minimum of 2-3 years in Marketing/ PR
- Professional Certification e.g. Chartered Institute of Marketers, will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of intellectual property law, mainly copyright and related rights management and the Copyright Act of 2001 will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good reporting skills
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Good public image and personality
- Proficiency in Computer applications
- Website design and content management skills, especially in WordPress.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your resume and application letter to the address below.
All applications must be delivered on or before Close of Business Monday 7th March 2016.
The subject of the email should be strictly MARKETING & PR EXECUTIVE.
General Manager, KAMP- PRISK Email: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.