Performers Rights Society of Kenya – Member Services Intern
Performers Rights Society of Kenya (PRISK) is a Collective Management Organization (CMO) licensed by the Kenya Copyright Board under Section 46 (2) of the Copyright Act 2001 to represent performers of sound recording and audio-visual works.
General Purpose: PRISK seeks to fill the position of Member Services Intern, whose duties & responsibilities are as follows;
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Guiding applicants through the membership application process and handing duly completed applications forms to the Head of Department for review and processing.
- Filing approved membership application & recording declaration forms and properly archive ripped CDs.
- Attending to general complaints and enquiries on membership registration in a professional and helpful manner, ensuring they are escalated to the appropriate personnel in a prompt manner when necessary.
- Proactively following up on incomplete membership applications using all available methods of communication.
- Ripping submitted CDs and handing over to the Documentation Officer for uploading to the data management system.
- Receiving membership application forms and documents sent to the Head Office from the regional offices.
- Dispatching membership approval letters, cards and any other documents meant for members to the respective regional offices.
- Assisting in coordination and handling logistics during member-related events.
- Carrying out data entry activities using the data management system, including the personal details of the members, details of their repertoire and uploading of the physical recordings.
- Developing and maintaining a good knowledge of the entertainment industry, intellectual property rights and PRISK policies in order to provide excellent service to all members and potential members.
- Performing any other duties that may be prescribed from time to time by the Member Services Head of Department.
Qualifications & Skills;
- International Computer Driving License (ICDL) certificate from a reputable institution is a mandatory requirement
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communication or Law at a reputable institution on a part-time basis
- Fluency in speaking and writing English and Kiswahili
- Decent data entry skills with typing speed of at least 35wpm
- Exceptional organization, communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
- If you meet the above requirements, please send your resume and application letter to the address below.
- Applicants must include Position and Location in the subject line of the email. All applications must be delivered on or before Thursday 7th July 2016. The subject of the email should be MEMBER SERVICES INTERN send to [email protected] Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.