Secretary Job at the Privatization Commission
The Privatization Commission (PC) is a State Corporation established under section 3 of the Privatization Act, 2005 to formulate, manage and implement the privatization programme. The Commission is seeking to recruit and hire qualified and self-motivated individuals to fill the following positions.
Reporting to the HR & Admin Officer, the job holder is responsible for providing secretarial and administrative duties in the assigned office (s).
Responsibilities for the Secretary Job
- Types from drafts and draft routine correspondences;
- Performs general office tasks and any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor;
- Handles all correspondences for the assigned officers;
- Takes dictation in shorthand and transcribing;
- Takes charge of documents and files including classified materials – record management;
- Receives and attends visitors and ensures security of the office;
- Handles official travel arrangements;
- Dispatches mails and board members documents ;
- Types minutes for staff members and other committees members ;
- Where necessary, arrange meetings for board members, stakeholders’ workshops, events meetings within
and outside the office;
- Scans, photocopy and email the documents to staff, board members and other customers/stakeholders/suppliers;
- Prepares the work plans, performance appraisals for other support staff ;
- Prepares vehicles return for monthly consumption reports;
- Prepares documents for external use; and
- Undertakes any other function as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications for the Secretary Job
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies/Secretarial Management from a recognized institution;
or Shorthand III (Minimum 100 w.p.m), typewriting III (50 w.p.m), Business English III, Commerce II.
- Office Management III and Secretarial Duties II; and
- At least three (3) years’ relevant experience in a busy organization.
- ICT Skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to observe confidentiality, office etiquette and professionalism;
- Good communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; and
- Personal initiative to work on tight schedules, meet deadlines and adapt to a wide range of tasks.
These positions require individuals of high integrity and team players. Each applicant should provide details of his/her current employer and position held, current salary including the following documents:
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) (where applicable);
- Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA;
- Leadership and Integrity Act Self Declaration Form from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and
- Certificate from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- Employment will be on three (3) year renewable contract.
How to Apply
Applications including a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, professional qualifications, testimonials and day time telephone number, the names and addresses of three professional referees should be delivered to the Commission by hand, courier, or post so as to reach the address below by Thursday 30th March 2017, 5.00 pm.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR /CEO PRIVATIZATION COMMISSION EXTELCOMS HOUSE, 11TH FLOOR P.O Box 34542, GPO 00100 NAIROBI
The Privatization Commission is an equal opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any form of canvasing shall lead to automatic disqualification.