Job Title: Manager Procurement and Administration
Organisation: Tropical Bank Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Human Resource and Administration
Tropical Bank Limited was established in 1973 under the name Libyan Arab Uganda Bank for Foreign Trade and Development. Tropical Bank Limited is jointly owned by the Governments of the Republic of Uganda 0.03% and the Libyan Foreign Bank (LFB) 99.97% of Paid-up Capital.
The Bank provides professional and personalized commercial banking services to various sectors of the economy including financial support to Parastatals, Corporates, Small and Medium Enterprises, Individuals, and Non-Governmental Organisations.
Job Summary: The Manager Procurement and Administration will support the bank steering the procurement and administration process by; collating procurement and administration requests, selecting suppliers and devising solutions for the request; obtaining and evaluating orders; facilitating approvals for all procurements and request; preparing purchase orders and ensuring that items are received in accordance with the order specifications. The incumbent will also maintain office services including transportation, house-keeping; maintenance; contracts with suppliers and contractors, rental agreement so as to maintain required standards of operational efficiency for the bank.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Take overall leadership of the team including: performance management; Work scheduling, organizing; and planning;
• Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring the annual Procurement plan, in close coordination with all business unit.
• Render support and steer the annual budgeting process on overheads and capex;
• Regularly review requisitions against budget, track savings, and exceptional approvals.
• Lead and drive initiatives to reduce costs and improve operational efficiency.
• Collate, evaluate and process requisitions from user departments.
• In charge of evaluating and, where applicable, negotiating offers from pre-qualified suppliers through laid down Procurement Policy and procedures, in a timely manner and at lowest total cost of ownership without compromising quality.
• In charge of implementing approved long-term supply contracts while complying with terms and conditions when placing orders.
• Establish ideal stock and re-order levels for commonly purchased items such as stationery and office refreshments, and streamline procurement process to reduce on administrative effort.
• Maintain regular price lists and conduct periodic market surveys to establish cost of goods and services in the market.
• Develop and maintain a database of quality suppliers by: Identifying, pre-qualifying and appraising suppliers and recommending qualified suppliers for approval.
• Actively monitor supplier performance and make recommendations for discontinuation of under-performing suppliers;
• Ensure timely, orderly disposal of obsolete items, seeking the best possible value for money in order to rid premises of unused furniture and equipment.
• Work closely with Finance and IT, maintain small equipment register and log transfers of equipment and furniture between premises.
• Ensure adequate repairs and maintenance contracts in place to preserve furniture and equipment in good condition, control obsolescence, and operate within approved health and safety standards.
• Maintain premises in good conditions of cleanliness and safety in accordance with Health and Safety policy.
• Coordinate transport services and maintain vehicles in good working condition while controlling maintenance and repair costs.
• Documentation and filing: ensure timely update of procedural documentation (procedures manual) in line with changes in operating processes and internal control requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should preferably hold a University graduate in Business Administration, Procurement, Commerce, Logistics or similar discipline.
• Possession of Professional qualification in Procurement such as CIPS will be an advantage.
• Five or more years’ experience in a medium to large institution, preferably in the banking sector.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of procurement best practices, policies, controls and procedures.
• Excellent oral and written communication, influencing, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• A good team leader able to motivate and develop a strong team, and lead change initiatives.
• Self-starter with strong organization, time management and administrative skills.
• Excellent analytical and numeracy skills, problem-solving mindset and ability to make effective use of spreadsheets, databases and MS Office products.
• Commercial sense and knowledge of company business requirements.
• High integrity and strong character.
How to Apply:
If your qualifications and experience match those described above please send a detailed application together with your CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts and a cover letter of not more than 2 pages explaining why you consider yourself to be the best suited candidate.
Head- Human Resource & Admin,
Tropical Bank Limited,
Plot 54 Lugogo Bypass (Rotary Avenue)
P.O. Box 9485, Kampala
Deadline: 14th August, 2015 by 4PM