Procurement and Logistics jobs in Telecommunication, Kenya
Job Title: Telecommunications Procurement and Logistics Coordinator
Salary: 100 – 140K
Our client is a communications infrastructure company whose core business is to provide innovative products, solutions and services that build, support and maintain telecommunication networks. They seek to hire a Procurement and Logistics Coordinator to assist with material requisition from our suppliers and coordinate the logistics of this to various sites.
- Handle the company subcontracts, procurement and logistics for all projects.
- Coordinate subcontracting, procurement and logistics functions with the engineering, estimating, operations and accounting departments.
- Negotiate and finalize subcontracts, purchase orders and service agreements with the support of the estimating and engineering staffs.
- Support the estimating department with information and pricing for shipping and logistics, to be used in the preparation of estimates and bids.
- Coordinate with the company staff located at the various construction sites.
- Prepare and negotiate subcontracts and purchase orders’ modifications.
- Review invoices for accuracy.
- Provide logistics support for the movement of all materials and equipment, including site, and domestic requirements.
- Ensure the safe and on-time delivery of goods to meet the construction and installation schedules of the company Ensure adherence to company and project purchasing, traffic and logistics policies and procedures and act within the limits of delegated authority.
- Work with engineering, planning, project controls, quality, HSE, construction and other procurement organizations to ensure timely, cost-effective delivery of project materials and equipment.
- Assist in the development of a transportation and logistics plan
- Provide the information to support reports, as agreed, on all relevant order requirements, including; numbers, material descriptions, ROS dates, freight forwarder and customs identification, shipping means, names routes and dates, delivery terms and exceptions to planned delivery dates and status. Propose for consideration remedial actions to correct anomalies in the above.
Skills and qualifications required
- A Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in procurement, Engineering or a relevant field
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in procurement is a MUST.
- Understanding of construction industry processes and procedures with hands on experience in procurement, logistics or construction.
- Strong communications skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Strong time management skills.
- Advanced skill level in Excel and Word
- Must have good computer skills. Should be facile with MS Office tools, and experience with or ability to quickly learn financial, procurement and inventory management software.
- Requires basic understanding of business accounting and transactions. Should be able to process information in the form of computing financial
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Telecommunications Procurement & Logistics Coordinator) to [email protected] before Friday 25th March, 2016. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.