Vacancy: Procurement Assistant
Job Type: Permanent
Direct Reporting: Supply Chain Manager (SCM)
Travel Requirements: 50%
Company Description: An award winning solar company that enables and empowers the sustainable economic development of Base – of – the – Pyramid (BoP) communities worldwide through the provision of clean energy services, quality products and sustainable solutions.
Intertwining an award-winning technology solution with an inclusive business model, the company fosters local entrepreneurship at the BoP
Job Overview: We are looking for a Procurement assistant to provide support to the procurement department in management of the warehouse, to assist purchase, supply and distribution of FMCG goods, Solar products and other products to the Kiosk in a timely, safe and efficient manner from the warehouse.
S/He will also manage the stock through the POS.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyse market and delivery systems to assess present and future product availability and advice Supply Chain Manager
- Consolidate and review replenishment orders from field team, review current stock so as to order for goods and services in a timely manner from suppliers.
- Interact with suppliers on a day to day basis negotiate for better prices , payment period, deal with non supplied , under orders ,over orders, expired notice and damaged goods
- Resolve any irregularities and non-compliance issues with suppliers and vendors concerning purchase orders, payments or any conditions of purchase
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for office supplies
- Produce and maintain regular reports on a weekly and monthly basis
- Receive invoices and verify against purchase orders and delivery notes ensure all stages of procurement check list have been completed before forwarding to Supply Chain Manager
- Ensure supplier reconciliation is done in accordance to procedure and follow up to ensure deadlines for payments to suppliers are met
- Record management
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping, health, safety and hygiene at the warehouse.
- Oversee security arrangements at the warehouse, scheduling maintenance, repairs and replacement of equipment.
- Receive and inspect goods to ensure they are of correct quantity, type, and also acceptable quality
- Select space for storage and arrange for goods to be placed in the designated areas ensuring goods are stored safely
- Organize the dispatch and delivery of goods to the kiosk.
- Ensure that all inventory processes are completed on the same day.
- Managing log books and other records within the warehouse capturing name, time, item, Number etc.
- Use POS to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs, also to coordinate and control the order cycle and to evaluate performance and quality as you recommend improvements within the department;
- Ensure monthly stock take is conducted in all kiosks and reconciliation done by 5th of every month
- Contact transport companies and coordinating dispatch and delivery with them
- Co-ordinate loading and offloading lorries, vans and other vehicles for goods and also the kiosks parts from Berlin or any other manufacturer
- Monitor stock levels at the central warehouse and kiosks and advice Supply Chain Manager appropriately
Educational and Professional Requirements
- Diploma/Degree in procurement and Supply Chain management or any related field
- Over 3 years of experience in procurement
- Must be preferably from a retail set up like a supermarket, beauty shops, clothing stores etc
- Must have experience in using the Point of Sale terminal (POS) both in front office and back office.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in English and Swahili.
- Driving license will be an added advantage.
- Ability to organize receipts, documents, and information from multiple sources.
- Ability to effectively write reports, maintain documentation, and complete required forms.
How to Apply