Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Organization: Uganda Wildlife Education Centre (UWEC) – Entebbe Zoo
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Officer
Uganda Wildlife Education Centre (UWEC) formerly known as Entebbe Zoo is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Heritage. The Uganda Wildlife Education Center is a fun and exciting place to see and learn about the animals of Uganda and the ecosystems in which they live. Take some time to learn how they live, eat, play, and talk.
Originally founded in the 1950s to accommodate confiscated and injured wildlife and to look after orphan animals which have been taken away from smugglers it has grown considerably in recent years. Many say its destined to become the most important showcase for wildlife on the African continent.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The incumbent will be ensuring complete, accurate and timely input of data into the computerized database.
• Responsible for compiling and analysing reports.
• Managing all incoming and outgoing procurement correspondences and documents with accuracy and speed.
• Ensuring safety and confidentiality of records.
• Responsible for collecting and delivering documents and messages on prescribed schedules.
• In charge of retrieving documents as needed.
• Arranging venues for bid opening and bid evaluation.
• The incumbent will be issuing bid documents.
• Storing all documents in proper order.
• Performing other duties as may become necessary for the smooth running of the Department or Centre as a whole or as assigned by the Procurement Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Procurement Assistant should hold a Diploma in Procurement & Supply Management, Business Administration
• Part professional CIPS qualification
• At least three years’ experience in related functions
• Working knowledge of the PPDA Procurement Procedures
• Excellent computer skills
• Possess the ability to work with minimum supervision
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of academic certificates, together with names and contacts of three referees addressed to:
Uganda Wildlife Education Centre (UWEC)
P.O. Box 369,
NB: Please clearly indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope.
Deadline: 2nd November 2015