Reporting to: Procurement Manager
Location: Kisumu, Nairobi
Assist the Procurement Manager in coordinating procurement for Global Programs including the various programme offices.
Qualifications for the Procurement Assistant Job
- Diploma in procurement and supplies, a degree will be an added advantage
- 2-3 years of experience in procurement preferably in a non-governmental organization.
- Qualification in professional course such as CIPS is an added advantage.
Procurement Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Assist the Procurement Manager in the supply chain function for Global Programs projects which includes procurement of goods, works and services, disposal of stores, inventory and contract management.
- Liaise with the Procurement Manager in prioritizing and execution of emerging procurement, identifying and pre-qualifying vendors, preparing bids, and other administrative and maintenance requests.
- Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider procurement policies and Global Program standards.
- Liaise with program Technical Leads and site offices to prepare procurement plans on an ongoing basis.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities,
- Develop strong relationships with vendors. Work with finance team to ensure vendors are paid in a timely manner.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard procurement related documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation
- Perform other related duties as may be delegated by the Procurement Manager
How to Apply
To apply send a detailed CV and cover letter, stating your current position, current remuneration and contact details to [email protected] quoting the corresponding Job Title by Friday, January 6, 2017. No telephone calls please. Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.