Job Title: Officer – Procurement Audit and Investigations (10 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA)
Organization: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Procurement Audit and Investigations
The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) is established under the PPDA Act No.1 of 2003 to formulate policies and regulate procurement and disposal practices in respect of all procuring and disposing entities which include Central Government Ministries and Departments, Local Governments, State Enterprises, Constitutional and Statutory Bodies and Post Primary Training Institutions.
Job Summary: The Officers will implement procurement audits and investigations in accordance with the agreed work plans and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carry out procurement audits in accordance with the agreed work plan and methodology.
• Prepare procurement audit reports for submission to the respective supervisor for review.
• Draw up investigation plans including the scope, objectives and time frame of investigations for review by the respective supervisor.
• Prepare investigation reports for submission to the respective supervisor for review
• Undertake investigations in respect of any party to a procurement or disposal proceeding.
• File, store and retrieve all records and documents relating to the various cases investigated and audited.
• Perform any other duty as assigned by the Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The candidates for the Officer Procurement Audit and Investigations should possess an Honours degree in Procurement, Engineering, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics or any other procurement related field from a recognised University.
• Credits in both Math and English at O’ Level.
• Good time management skills
• Skills in managing teams/supervision
• Auditing skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Excellent analytical and investigative skills
• Advanced report writing skills
• Exceptional Communication and interpersonal skills
• Age: 21- 30 years
How to Apply:
All applications should sent with envelopes clearly marked “Application for the Post of Officer Procurement Audit and Investigations”
Please include names of three (3) professional references in the CV. Independent reference checks will be conducted. The applications should include a detailed CV including a hand-written application letter, copies of academic certificates and 2 current photographs of the applicant should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority,
Plot 37 Nakasero Road, UEDCL Tower 5th Floor,
P.O. Box 3925
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 31st August, 2015