Procurement Officer Job At Kenya Institute Of Management
Procurement Officer Job Purpose
- Reporting to the Procurement Manager, this position exists to provide support to the procurement function of the Institute in developing, maintaining and reviewing the Institute’s procurement guidelines, procedures and policies.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and assisting with sustainable procurement initiatives, coordinating procurement throughout the Institute, monitoring internal procurement systems, supporting procurement projects across all divisions, providing procurement advice to staff, negotiating new supply agreements and renegotiating existing supply agreements.
Procurement Officer Job Responsibilities
- Identify opportunities for new and integrated supply agreements.
- Gain economic savings and increased service levels from suppliers.
- Development of Key Performance Indicators for new and existing suppliers and monitoring of these.
- Monitor internal procurement systems and processes and ensure that compliance
is achieved across the Institute.
- Undertake, complete and assist in specific procurement projects and provide ongoing monitoring as required including working with budget managers throughout Annual Plan.
Qualifications For Procurement Officer Job
- Degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management.
- At least two (2) years’ experience.
- Experience on Procurement Systems Management.
- Budget management experience.
- High level of computer literacy, with specific requirements for Access databases, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Ability to write policies and procedures.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Project and time management ability.
- Sound knowledge of procurement procedures and systems.
- Sound judgment and initiative.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure within timeframes.
- Ability to work well in a team or independently.
How to Apply
Kindly forward your application accompanied by a detailed resume, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees. The applications should reach the undersigned not later than Close of Business 11th July, 2016. The Head of Human Capital The Kenya Institute of Management P.O. Box 43706-00100 NAIROBI. OR [email protected]