Procurement Officer Jobs at The Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board
Job Ref: KYEB/HR/PROC/04/206
Department: Finance and Admin Department
Job Grade: KYEB 5
Reporting To: Finance and Administration Manager
The Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Information Communication and Technology. The Board was established in November 2007 by legal Notice No. 187 of 2007. Its mandate comprises facilitating Government communication services through the publication of the annual Kenya Yearbook.
The Board is inviting applications from suitable qualified candidates for the following position.
Developing and Implementing Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board’s procurement policies and ensuring timely delivery of goods, services and work to the Board.
Procurement Job Key Responsibilities
- Preparation, coordination and implementation of consolidated annual procurement plans and ensure user departments adhere to it in line with approved budgets;
Preparation of tender proposal documents and establishing comprehensive list of suppliers in every financial year;
- Coordinate the receipt, opening and evaluation of quotations, tenders, or proposals for goods, services or works;
- Preparation and management of contracts in liaison with the legal representative for its legality and ensure proper authorization in accordance with Board policies;
- Ensuring user departments adhere to procurement plans in line with budgets;
- Carrying out market surveys, monitor and evaluate performance of the supply chain function;
- Ensuring sound partnerships with suppliers, clients and relevant government agencies;
- Ensuring timely, efficient and effective procurement of goods, services and works, while strictly adhering to the procurement policy;
- Processing applications and preparing corporation tender committee papers;
- Establishing in liaison with the relevant departments and end-users, quality specifications of goods and services required by the Board;
- Carrying out designated checks on quality and security aspects of procurement;
- Reviewing the supply chain to ensure it is efficient and effective
- Managing the annual supplier pre-qualification exercise;
- Managing the disposal of obsolete and disposable items.
- Supervise, mentor and coach the direct report(s).
- Secretary to the Tender Committee; collate and present procurement documentation to the relevant Tender and Disposals Committees for adjudication and award;
Minimum Academic Qualifications for the Procurement Job
- A Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management or its equivalent from a recognized University.
Procurement Job Professional Qualifications
- Diploma in Procurement and Supplies Management and membership to Kenya Institute of Supplies Management.
Six (6) years experience in procurement in a large organization or government agency;
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Result oriented
- Proven knowledge in computer skills
- Team building skills.
- Analytical skills.
How to Apply
- All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked the reference of the position being applied for and addressed to:
- The Chief Executive Officer Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board NHIF Building 4th Floor Email: [email protected] P.O Box 34035 0000 Nairobi
- Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the Boards offices so as to reach the above before the close of Business on or before 9th December 206 “Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disability, Youth, people from minority and marginalized groups and communities who meet the requirements of the advertised jobs are encouraged to apply.”