Procurement Officer Job at Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority
The Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority (UFAA) is a State Corporation established under the National Treasury pursuant to the Unclaimed Financial Assets Act No. 40 of 2011.
The primary mandate of the Authority is to obtain unclaimed financial assets from the holders of such assets on behalf of the Government, safeguard and re-unite the assets with their rightful owners.
UFAA invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
Job Ref: UFAA/06/2016
Procurement Job Purpose
- Reporting to the Manager Procurement, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for implementing procurement strategies, policies and procedures in line with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and the related regulations.
Procurement Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Head of procurement in developing and implementing procurement strategies, policies and procedures in line with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and the related Regulations.
- Assist in preparing the annual procurement plans for the Authority in liaison with divisional heads
- Ensuring that the register of suppliers is updated annually.
- Coordinating the internal monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain function
- Providing the duties of Secretariat to Procurement Committees or as may be directed by the Head of Procurement.
- Management of procurement records in accordance with the provisions of Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015
- Training and development of the supplies personnel.
Qualifications for Procurement Job
- An undergraduate degree in supply chain, procurement, business, commerce, economics or related field.
- Graduate Diploma from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) or its equivalent.
- Must be a member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)
- Must have 5 years’ experience gained in reputable organization ; and
- Thorough knowledge of Public Procurement Laws and Regulations.
- Good communication and reporting skills;
- Good Analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ethical and integrity
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi task
Terms & Conditions
- Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package;
- Appointments in positions No. 2 to 14 will be on permanent and pensionable terms subject to satisfactory performance; while position No. 1 will be on 4 year contract terms, renewable subject to satisfactory performance;
- Applicants should attach the following documents with their applications: valid Tax Clearance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board clearance, Credit Reference Bureau Report, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission submission form, and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department.
How to Apply
- If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the Job Reference and Title on both the application letter and envelope accompanied by an up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your e-mail and telephone contacts.
- Your curriculum vitae should indicate names, phone numbers, postal and email addresses of at least two (2) referees who are familiar with your previous academic/work experience.
- Please attach copies of your educational, professional certificates, identity card or passport. The applications should either be sent by post, e-mail, or hand delivered to the Authority’s offices located at 2nd Floor Pacis Centre, Westlands – off Waiyaki way, to be received on or before 22nd July 2016 at 5 P.M. addressed to:
- Chief Executive Officer Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority P.O. Box 28235-00200 Nairobi E-mail: [email protected]