Our client, who imports and distributes supplements, is looking to recruit a Procurement Manager to be based in Nairobi, Kenya. The ideal candidate MUST have over 5 years experience in handling technicalities of international and local haulage/transportation. He/She MUST be conversant with knowledge of international commerce, finance and import/export laws in the FMCG industry.
- Handle details relating to possibly international transportation and any necessary documentation.
• Execute strategic and tactical sourcing for inventory as set out in the company programme.
• Monitoring, the inventory codes of all products in the shipment.
• Ensure proper pricing and distribution once the goods land.
• Evaluate the markets and sources of supply across the globe.
• Provide reporting and diagnostics on areas of sourcing, supply and spend as required.
• Draft and negotiate agreements with suppliers ensuring that proper legal principles are applied.
• Assess operational risks of current and potential supply opportunities.
• Ensures full compliance with all quality assurance standards.
• Prepare reports on all activities carried out and present the same to the GM.
• Any other duties that the Management may assign.
- Must have 5 years plus working procurement experience in FMCG industry.
• Must have a Degree/Diploma in supplies management or related field.
• Must be a member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
• Must have a CIPS qualification.
• Strong communication skills.
• Computer literate.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
Click here to apply