Tana Water Services Board is one of the eight Water Services Boards under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation created under the Water Act 2002 with the mandate of providing economical and efficient Water and Sewerage Services within its area of jurisdiction.
The Board covers the six counties of Murang’a, Nyeri, Kirinyaga, Embu, Tharaka-Nithi and Meru with its Head Office in Nyeri town.
The Board invites qualified personnel to fill the following vacant position:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, Procurement Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Board’s procurement of goods, services, works and assets disposal is carried out within the Public Procurement and Disposal Act (2015).
The specific duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Overseeing the overall management of procurement and supplies
- Developing, updating and overseeing the application of appropriate quality control in procurement function
- Processing tender documentation and applications
- Prepare relevant progress and annual reports on the performance of the Board
- Prepare annual procurement plans in accordance with the budget process
- Ensure compliance with regulations, policies and practices in the implementation of procurement activities
- Contract management
- Ensure maintenance of optimal level stocks of supplies consistent with the Board requirements
- Supervise, train, mentor and coach divisional staff
- procurement personnel
- Perform administrative and any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Coordinate implementation of quality management system within the department
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the CEO from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field from a recognized university or Higher National Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies or its equivalent.
- Be a Registered Member with the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
- At least 7 years working experience in procurement of which four must be in a managerial position for degree holders or 10 years of which for four must be in a managerial position for holders of Higher National Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies.
- A holder of Masters Degree in a Business related field will have an added advantage.
Competences / Attributes
- Possess strong interpersonal and negotiations skills with the ability to network and develop strong business relationships
- Clear understanding of the Public Procurement & Disposal Act
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
This position is on three (3) years renewable contract upon satisfactory performance.
How to Apply
- Those who meet the specified requirements should send their Application Letter in a sealed Envelope Marked with the Title of the position being applied for; together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, Certified Copies of Academic Certificates and National Identity /Passport.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to show proof of valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Credit Reference Bureau and Compliance Certificate from the Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC).
- The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 29th of July, 2016 at close of business (5pm).
- The Chief Executive Officer Tana Water Services Board Baden Powell Road P. O. Box 1292 – 10100 Nyeri – Kenya
- Sealed Hand-Delivered Applications can be dropped at the Registry – Tana Water Services Board (TWSB) MAJI House, Baden Powel Road.
- Applicants may alternatively choose to email their Applications to: – [email protected] with the title of the position being applied for as the subject.
- NB: Candidates are expected to state their current and expected salary
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- TWSB is an equal opportunity employer and people of all diversities are encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.