Responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all procurement functions for our client’s School; and implementing the procurement strategy to support our client’s overall strategy.
- In liaison with the Operations Director, develop and implement procurement policies and procedures of Our client School, implement internal controls that are in line with the policies and procedures.
- Implement the procurement process for our client, and manage and control the procurement budget to maximize savings.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements
- Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased.
- Develop and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists.
- Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials and services to be purchased.
- Review stock management system to determine re-order requirements, identify the most suitable supplier from the pre-qualified suppliers;
- Receive approved requisitions and prepare and dispatch LPOs as needed for provisions and follow up to ensure timely delivery;
- Monitor unfilled orders and if necessary consult requisitioning managers for alternative specifications, or to guide on alternative suppliers.
- Ensure quality products are sourced and supplied at the best prices.
- Collect and collate information/statistics in preparation for negotiations and renewal thereof of service contracts for equipment and machinery.
- Coordinate the printing and ordering of stationery, price reviews on all types of stationery, obtaining quotations from suppliers to facilitate negotiations for good prices.
- Verify bills against orders before forwarding for authorization and eventually, payment by Finance department.
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, standards and best practices.
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships.
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance.
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with colleagues and management.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Obtain value for money from supply chain process
- Effective and efficient coordination of the procurement process
- Promote an understanding of best-in-class procurement competencies for our client
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- Goods and services delivered on time
- Receipt of correct order quantities
- Working within reasonable purchasing spend
- Internal customer satisfaction
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Academic and professional qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management;
- Three years’ procurement and contract management experience, preferably in an academic institution;
- Possession of a professional procurement qualification, such as C.I.P.S;
- Registration with KISM;
- Willingness to put in extra hours in emergencies.
- A degree, diploma or higher qualification in building and construction or engineering
- Fully conversant with Health and Safety issues
Technical knowledge, skills and competencies
- Ability to write narrative and analytical spread sheet reports;
- Proven computer literacy in MS-Word, MS-Excel MS-Access or related programs required;
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Spoken and written fluency in English desired; and
- Customer service skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to interact positively with management, and other employees, to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- At least 6-8 years of relevant and progressive work experience gained working in large educational institutions, 3 of which should have been spent at a supervisory level.
- Integrity and professionalism
- Time management skills
- Problem solving and negotiation skills
- Decision making and leadership skills