Kenya Urban Roads Authority Procurement Officer Jobs
REF: KURA/PROC/CPO/17/1 JG 7 – 1 POST
Responsibilities for the Procurement Officer Job
- To lead, coordinate and help develop consolidated annual procurement plan
- Responsible for following the policies and procedures as defined in the
- Authority policy guidelines
- Supervising, scheduling the work, professionally developing, and evaluating the performance of the procurement officers. Reviewing the performance objectives established by the professionals under his/her supervision.
- Ensuring the smooth functioning of the department as a synergetic, service oriented team, in meeting the many and varying needs of the Authority’s internal and external customers.
- Responsible for preparing contracts and purchase orders within the guidelines of the applicable laws, procedures and policies in place.
- With approval of the Head of Procurement, responsible for consulting with the Authority’s legal officer or other approved legal counsel regarding the
legality of proposed procurement contracts.
- Responsible for providing administrative support for all procurements and maintaining the official contract files
- Responsible for ensuring purchasing orders and/or contracts are authorized in accordance with the approval matrix in place.
- Participating fully in the opening, evaluation, negotiations and contract management.
- Reviewing and approving the various procurement reports prepared by procurement officers including quarterly and annual reports. Developing and maintaining positive relationships with both existing and new suppliers and contractors
- To take an active lead in introduction, development and implementation of procurement best practices
- Manage staff within Procurement Department.
Qualifications for the Procurement Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in supplies management or in business related field with post graduate diploma in purchasing & supplies management from a recognized institution.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in procurement three (3) years of which must have been in a senior position.
- Current member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)/CIPS.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge in Public Procurement and Disposal procedures as contained in the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2015 and its regulations as well as development partners guidelines.
- Should at least possess Professional qualification CIPS Level 6 or equivalent
- Should have a valid practicing License.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should submit applications together with their updated CVs including details of their day time contacts, names and contacts of three referees, while at the same time attaching copies of all certificates and testimonials to be hand delivered or mailed so as to reach the Director General at the address below not later than 7th April, 2017.
All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference number clearly marked. The Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, Youth and Persons Living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Director General
Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA)
IKM BUILDING, Tower B, 5th Ngong Avenue, Opposite Bishops Gate
P.O. Box 4172700100, GPO, NAIROBI.