The Water Services Regulatory Board (Wasreb) is a statutory body charged with economic and service regulation of the water services sector.
Wasreb sets rules, standards and guidelines to ensure that water services are provided in an effective and efficient manner with a view to protecting consumer interests.
To strengthen our administration team, we wish to recruit a highly motivated professional to fill the position of Procurement Officer.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will provide support in the procurement activities at Wasreb ensuring compliance with established local laws, company policies and procedures and internationally recognized procurement procedures
Duties and Responsibilities
• Working closely with the Procurement Manager, compiling and evaluating tenders in line with the laid established procedures
• Maintaining a database of approved suppliers and continually undertaking market surveys and research to facilitate the update of the approved suppliers list
• Ensuring that Wasreb staff are well informed of the procurement procedures and that all necessary systems and documentation are available for their use
• Liaising with all departmental heads in compiling information that facilitates the development of the procurement plan
• Processing procurement requests as per laid down processes and procedures
• Maintaining procurement records in a manner that facilitates easy follow-up and reference
• Effectively managing stores/warehouses in a manner that mitigates pilferage and obsolesce
• Facilitating the disposal of obsolete stocks and equipment as per established procedures
• Maintaining inventory and stock control records
• Receiving goods and certifying invoices
• Serving as Secretary to relevant procurement committee/s
• Any other duties assigned by management
Requirement for the position;
• A Bachelors degree; Engineering, Economics and Commerce degree holders will have a definite advantage
• Post graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) professional certificate
• Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or relevant professional body
• Work experience of at least 3 years in a busy Procurement department.
• Be a person of high integrity and meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya (2010).
• Desired skills and competencies include; strong management and negotiation skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, and ICT skills
Terms & Conditions of Service: This position is Permanent & Pensionable.
How to Apply
Your application should include a cover letter that demonstrates why you are the best candidate for the position, a detailed up-to-date CV, photocopies of relevant certificates, testimonials, current and expected remuneration package, names, telephone number and email addresses of three professional referees, and your e-mail address and telephone number.
Applications must be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Water Service Regulatory Board and sent via email to [email protected] with only ‘PROCUREMENT OFFICER’ as the subject line.
Closing date: Friday 23rd October, 2015 at 5.00 pm
Wasreb is an equal opportunity employer and women, youth and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.