Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organization: Uganda Law Reform Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Accounting Officer
The Uganda Law Reform Commission is established under Article 248(1) of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda. Its primary mandate is to study and keep under constant review the Acts and all other laws comprising the laws of Uganda with a view to making recommendations for their systematic improvement, development, modernisation and reform.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The incumbent will be working closely the procurement function and controlling the resources of the procurement unit;
• Work closely with the end users and preparing a draft procurement plan;
• In charge of verifying documentation relating to procurement and organizing the documentation for easy use by all interested parties;
• Compiling procurement requirements and documentations on a timely basis;
• Verifying procurement and disposal requisitions and organizing related documents;
• Responsible for preparing bid documents and maintaining safe custody of procurement and disposal records;
• In charge of participating in evaluation of bids as and when assigned;
• Entering authorised transactions on the system for further processing and producing required reports;
• Guiding suppliers on procurement procedures;
• Work closely with the Accounts section to ensure availability of procurement funds and timely payments to suppliers;
• Work in liaison with end-users and compiling all procurement requirements of the organization and submitting them to the relevant authorities;
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned to the Accounting Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicants should be Ugandans holding qualifications in any of the following disciplines:-Either
o An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain/Logistics Management or Purchasing and Supplies/Materials Management from a recognized University/Institution
o An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Procurement option) or Business Administration/Studies (Procurement option) or Science (Procurement option) obtained from a recognized University/Institution.
o Full professional qualification in Procurement related discipline like Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or International Supplies Management (ISM) awarded by a recognized/accredited examining body/institution.
• At least three years’ experience in procurement in government or from a reputable organisation.
• Computer literacy skills and knowledge
• Possession of a relevant post graduate qualification is an added advantage.
• Age: Above 25 years
How to Apply:
All qualified Ugandans should send their applications with fully certified photocopies of their testimonials and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV), recent passport size photographs filled in triplicate to:
The Commission Secretary,
Uganda Law Reform Commission,
8th floor, Workers’ House,
P.O. Box 12149, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 6th November 2015 by 5.00pm
NB: Serving Government officers are encouraged to route applications through their Supervisors and Heads of Department.