Job Title: Procurement Officer (3 Entry Level Job Placements)
Organization: Bank of Uganda (BoU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Section
Job Ref: PDU 5.02, 5.03, 5.06
The Bank of Uganda (BoU) is the Central Bank of the Republic of Uganda. It was opened on the 15th August 1966. It is 100% owned by the Government of Uganda but it is not a government Department. Bank of Uganda conducts all its activities in close association with the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development (MoFPED). Bank of Uganda is responsible for monetary policy and maintaining price stability.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will provide timely support to the Central Bank of Uganda in the procurement of goods, services and works.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• In charge of preparing solicitation documents and other procurement requests that are compliant and to ensure completeness.
• Responsible for preparing procurement notices for placement in the media, PPDA and Bank of Uganda websites.
• Offer timely support in issuance, receipt, closing and opening of bids in compliance with relevant laws.
• Actively take part in the evaluation and / or negotiation exercise for tenders and preparation of evaluation/negotiation reports.
• Consolidate and submit documents for contract drafting.
• Prepare Local Purchase Orders.
• Offer procurement support to the Head of Section in the preparation of management reports to enable timely provision of information to stakeholders.
• Expeditiously follow up suppliers for delivery.
• Maintain up to date procurement files in compliance with the relevant laws
• Perform any other relevant duties assigned by Head of Section.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Approved solicitation documents.
• Approved Evaluation and Negotiation reports.
• Goods, Services and Works delivered to users’ satisfaction.
• Complete procurement file for each procurement handled.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Procurement Officers should hold First Class or Upper Second Class Bachelor’s degrees in Procurement or Civil Engineering. Possession of a Master’s degree or Post graduate diploma in any of the above disciplines is an added advantage.
• Possession of Professional qualification in the field of procurement such as CIPS, CIPP, is highly desirable.
• No prior experience required. However, two years’ experience in procurement is highly desirable.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Computer literacy sklills
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Good team player.
• Age: 23 to 30 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates must send application letters which should be accompanied by:
• A detailed Curriculum Vitae. Candidates MUST use this BoU Curriculum Vitae to send their Curriculum Vitae, download here
• Copies of academic qualifications, testimonials and professional training certificates.
• Names and contacts of three referees.
The completed applications should be delivered to the Bank of Uganda Headquarters, Plot 37/45 Kampala Road and should be addressed to:
Human Resource Department,
Bank of Uganda,
P.O Box 7120,
Deadline: Friday, 4th September 2015 by 5:00pm