Job Ref: PO/CCIA/Sept/15
Co-op Consultancy, on behalf of our client,is looking for a procurement officer who will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors.
The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend,
search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
Procurement Officer Role in Kenya
The incumbent, reporting to the Finance Manager,shall be expected to:
- Prepare the Union’s procurement plans and ensures that tender documents are properly prepared and presented to the boardEnsures that effective and efficient re-order levels for various items are fixed and maintained and Prepares orders for various supply items. Monitor and forecast up-coming levels of demand
- Ensures that all procurement is done in accordance with the procedures as per procurement policy and that it is in compliance to the internal and external audit requirements.
- Prepares, receives, records and analyses tender documents for discussion by the Tender Board.
- Receives supplies and verifies them against orders in respect to quality, quantity and price.
- To process, maintain and ensure safe custody of procurement documents and samples.
- Liaises with the Finance Department to ensure suppliers are paid timely.
- Conducts price surveys and monitors factors that affect price levels for planning purposes.Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Liaises with suppliers to ensure performance in accordance with service agreements or contract.
- Draw service level agreements with suppliers and contract managements.
- Ensures rent rates policy based on professional market survey is in place to achieve a competitive edge.
- Ensures smooth administration of rentable premises and in particular execution of lease agreements, collection of rent, provision of letter of distress, handling of rental disputes, and identification of rent defaulters for action
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
Skills, Competencies and Experience for Procurement Officer Jobs in Kenya
The incumbent will be required to have the following competencies, skills, and attributes:
- Must be a holder of a degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management from a recognized university;
- Must have attained at least C+ in KCSE.
- Must be computer literate.
- Have demonstrated high level of innovation and creativity.
- Minimum 3 years’ proven working experience in a busy procurement environment.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
- Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements are requested to send their applications together with their resume’s and testimonials stating their current and expected remuneration, quoting the job reference as the subject header, to [email protected]pbank.co.ke so as to reach us by 25th September 2015 NB: Our client is an equal opportunity employer. Applications that are incomplete or that are received beyond the deadline will not be considered.Only short listed candidates shall be contacted.