Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: Bayport Financial Services Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Legal and Corporate Services Department
Bayport Financial Services Uganda Ltd is part of Bayport Finance Group headquartered in Johannesburg South Africa with operations in over ten Countries across Africa and South America. We are a leading other Non-Bank Financial Services provider with presence in over 30 locations across Uganda.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will work very closely with the Procurement and Contracts Committee of the Company and is charged with sourcing, review and handling of all procurement matters of the Company as advised by the Procurement Committee.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the procurement function in line with the procurement policies and procedures as guided by the company policy and procedures
- Carry out annual review of all contractors and service providers of the company
- Source for possible service providers as might be required by the company and in accordance to company policies and procedures
- Prepare and circulate procurement Committee minutes as might be required from time to time
- Prepare print and electronic advertisements for general, technical and specialized procurements
- Guide the procurement Committee on planned procurement as per country work plans and Country Budgets
- Keenly monitor and analyze the company assets register and keep track of company depreciation schedules and work life of all company assets
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a good finance or procurement Degree-preferably a second Class upper degree
- One year of relevant experience preferably in handling daily procurement chores with a busy financial services sector player
- Impeccable level of integrity with clean bill of work from previous employer is a MUST
- The incumbent must be a team player, mature and able to work with various parties at the same time while remaining professional and supportive
- Ability to work within tight schedules and deadlines
NB: Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, work testimonials, academic transcripts and certificates and updated CV clearly marked with Job Title in the top right-hand corner of the envelope to:
Human Resource Department,
Bayport Financial Services,
Plot 54 Lugogo Bypass, Lugogo Office Park,
P.O. Box 1171 Kampala, Uganda.
Softcopy applications can be sent via E-mail to: [email protected] quoting the position title in the subject of the E-mail. The size of the E-mail applications should not exceed 5MBs.