Job Title: Procurement Officer (2 Job Positions)
Organisation: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Procurement Officer
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is an international non-profit organization which is a partnership of infectious diseases and public health specialists. The overall objective of the IDI is to strengthen health systems with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases, through Research and Capacity Development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University – John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will provide procurement support in all IDI procurement functions including both local and international purchases, covering a range of requirements from medical drugs, laboratory equipment and supplies, office supplies; IT related requirements, renovations, and service agreements among others. The Procurement Officer will provide Procurement support services in all IDI procurement functions in accordance with IDI procurement procedures
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly check and prepare specifications, terms of reference & statement of requirements in liaison with user departments.
- In charge of preparing and issuing Request for quotations or Request for Proposals
- Carry out evaluation of bids and make appropriate recommendations to the procurement committee and users.
- Work closely with stores staff, verify the delivered items for completeness of requested quantities and compliance with quality specifications.
- Ensure safe custody and systematic filing of purchase orders, agreements and all relevant records.
- Regularly monitors contractor/vendor performance to ensure compliance with all terms and conditions.
- Prepare evaluation of vendor offers for submission to the respective procurement committee for consideration and award.
- Prepare Purchase orders and agreements for the respective suppliers/providers.
- Work closely with the IDI managers and staff as part of an effective and collegial team to achieve IDI goals and objectives
- Work in liaison with the finance team, follow up vendor invoices to ensure timely payment.
- Perform any other assignments as may be allocated by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a University degree in Procurement & Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or any related field from a recognized institution.
- At least two years’ experience in procurement and supply chain management in a busy reputable organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a busy environment and under minimum supervision
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS office and Navision ERP shall be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application cover letters with a detailed CV, naming at least two professional referees to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Infectious Diseases Institute,
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: 18th May, 2016 by 5:00 PM