Production Cost Accountant Job at Optiven
We are looking for a Production Cost Accountant to be accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The cost accountant must also construct and monitor those cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing and production information to management.
Responsibilities for the Production Cost Accountant Job
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Responsible for financial closing process for plant manufacturing site.
- Provides day-to-day financial and operational support for sites assigned
- Performs manufacturing variance analysis.
- Responsible for auditing Plant Internal Controls in accordance with Internal Control Structure.
- Performs account reconciliations to the general ledger.
- Assist Plants with monthly forecasts.
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
- Reconciles finished goods inventories
Qualifications for the Production Cost Accountant Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA (K)
- Minimum of 3 solid years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing environment working with inventory and cost transactions, related to manufacturing and / or distribution operations.
- Or any equivalent combination of manufacturing and /or cost accounting experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
- Experience working with manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills, honesty and transparency
- Professionalism, high level of maturity, good character with positive values
How To Apply
Applications should be sent to [email protected] by 5th May 2017