Sauti is a 5-year USAID-funded award being implemented by Jhpiego-Tanzania in collaboration with partners EngenderHealth, PACT and NIMR/Mwanza.
The goal of Sauti is to contribute to the improved health of all Tanzanians through a sustained reduction in new HIV infections in support of the Government Tanzania through deploying new, and/or enhancing existing, vulnerability-tailored high-quality combination HIV prevention; positive health, dignity and prevention (PHDP); and family planning (FP) services for key and vulnerable populations (KVP) in selected regions of Tanzania. Anticipated project results include: 1) Increased and timely use of HIV prevention and FP services; 2) Improved positive behaviors and social norms at the individual and community levels; 3) Reduced vulnerability of women through novel structural interventions; and 4) Increasingly sustainable comprehensive HIV prevention services for KVP.
The project is currently being implemented in 15 selected districts in Iringa, Njombe, Mbeya, Shinyanga and Dar es Salaam regions. Starting 1 October 2015, the project is expanding to selected additional districts in Mbeya, Lindi, Tabora, Morogoro, Morogoro, Kilimanjaro and Arusha regions.
Jhpiego is therefore seeking to recruit a team of experienced medical, public health, program, and finance professionals to implement this exciting initiative.
Program Assistant (1 position in Dar es Salaam and 1 position in Kilimanjaro)
Position Overview: To provide activity planning and implementation support for the Sauti Program activities, including workshops, trainings, conferences, field surveys, project assessments, meetings etc.
• Degree in social science or related degree; or Advanced Diploma with a good pass in English. Secretarial training and office management skills highly desirable.
• Demonstrated basic accounting skills with experience in petty cash management.
• Excellent computer skills (including MsWord, and MsExcel)
• Previous experience in administration including development of budgets and correspondence
• Previous experience in organizing meetings, agendas and handling cash advance payments
• Excellent interpersonal skills and organizational skills
• Previous experience working with USG funded programs and local implementing partners is highly desired
• Ability to work in an efficient and prompt manner in areas of correspondence, logistics for local travel, filing, and record-keeping.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili
• Ability to travel up to 40% time
FOR ALL POSITIONS – Tanzanian nationals who have previous experience working with an international organization are preferred.
Jhpiego offers a competitive package selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience.
To apply please indicate the position title and region of reference on the envelop or subject line of your e-mail. Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter and your salary history. Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered.
The application should be addressed to:
Senior Human Resource Manager
Plot 72, Block 45B, New Bagamoyo Road – Victoria
PO Box 9170
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
OR send the application through email at: HRTZ@jhpiego.net
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is 9th November, 2015 at 5.00pm.