Program Assistant Job at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation, Kenya
Proposed Start Date: Immediately
Contract Duration: Two (2) months
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an affiliate of University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB).
UMB has a Global Health Program which is delivered through the Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) and housed by various institutes among them the Institute of Human Virology (IHV).
MGIC is seeking a suitably qualified person able to fill the position of Program Assistant, under the PACT program.
Position Summary: The Program Assistant will provide program support in the management and implementation of PACT project close out, ensuring that closure process is conducted in line with the close out plan.
Program Assistant Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide routine updates to the Program Manager on project close out process and follow up on status of all actions required to be performed by staff and other counterparts outside of the project closure team.
- Ensure effective systems and procedures are in place to execute the project closure.
- Coordinate the Project Closure committee to ensure the project closure process is implemented smoothly. The position will be the secretary to the close out committee.
- Desk review of program documents to understand the detailed objectives, designs, activities and progress on program achievement.
- Ensure program asset inventory is up to date
- With the support of program leadership, effectively plan for the final stakeholders and dissemination forum.
- Provide the necessary support in the development of PACT documentary and ensure it is of high quality and 100% complete to be disseminated during the stakeholders forum.
- Ensure that all the procurements related to the stakeholders’ forum are compliant and cleared by Sept 30, 2016.
- Provide necessary administrative support to the Program Manager as need be.
Required Qualifications for Program Assistant Job
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management or any relevant field from a recognized University.
- At least three (3) years’ experience working with donor funded projects.
- Must have clear understanding and hands-on experience of Program Close-out activities.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure while at the same time adhering to strict deadlines.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Proactive, with the ability work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and Organizational skills.
How to Apply
- If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to [email protected] by August 05, 2016.
- Candidates are required to quote the title of the position being applied on the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.