Program Data Management Associate Job at Evidence Action
The Associate – Program Data Management is a member of the PDM sub-team and the larger Monitoring, Learning and Information Systems (MLIS) team, and is responsible for quality data management for both paper and electronic data across all the country programs including Kenya, Uganda and Malawi.
This is an exciting position that will involve managing data officer(s) and data entry clerks, cleaning and submitting data to program teams or analysis team for analysis. The person must be systematic and loves working with big data and attentive to details. S/he will work closely with other MLIS team to ensure data is entered as error free as possible while adhering to set timeline
Responsibilities for the Program Data Management Associate Job
- Lead the development of interfaces for data entry and manage data entry vendors and process, and make sure the process is done as per the agreed upon timelines,
- Coordinate data entry process of all paper data in accordance with data entry protocols
- Work closely with the data collection team and data officer to ensure that hard-copies are filed and stored safely in a secure, well-organized, and well-documented repository, and the scanned paper data, where applicable, is stored safely
- Conduct discrepancy checks between data entry records, perform error checks and other data quality checks on the entered data
- Develop and implement a robust system of tracking forms for data entry so as to clearly distinguish those that have been entered against those that haven’t been entered.
- Handle and take responsibility of all equipment used for data entry, including laptops, tablets, flash drives etc.
Program Data Management Associate Job Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, or any other relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in quantitative research methods and data management, preferably with large and/or complex datasets.
- At least 1 year full time experience conducting data cleaning using Stata for large datasets (mandatory)
- Experience in working with and programming data entry interfaces using a variety of applications both purchased and open source.
- Knowledge of CSPro, Epidata, Blaise, Openclinica and Access will be an added advantage (CSpro and/or Epidata highly preferred)
- Well conversant with the use of MS Office application especially Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure in a working environment that changes suddenly to accommodate new data needs
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to work effectively with a team that is geographically dispersed.
- Self-directed/self-motivating personality, with proven ability to manage demands from multiple supervisors while adhering to program deadlines and priorities.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills.
- High attention to details and well organized.
- Should have real passion of working with data, be able to think and tell a story from the data (Key desirable)
- Intellectual flexibility and willingness to form and adjust opinions based on evidence
- Quick to learn, motivated to self-teach and capable of independently translating new knowledge into practice.
How to Apply
For detailed job description and application details, click on this link.