Our client,a global organisation with its inception in the USA and with a primary mission of accelerating economic development in emerging economies is looking to fill the position of Program Manager, National Entrepreneurship Network for their offices based in Dar-es-Salaam,Tanzania. The successful candidate needs to have expertise in the area of entrepreneurship, development and education,so that students,start-ups and SMEs have more support.
- Project Management of the National Entrepreneurship Network Program.
- Scope the Entrepreneurship and SME development stakeholders and framework in the country.
- Responsible for developing and managing the NEN institutions and other partner organisations.
- Initiate and lead collaborations, networking and training programs on ground.
- Identify and develop local resource teams including key faculty, mentors and entrepreneurs.
- Catalyse interest in entrepreneurship amongst students on campuses.
- Work with central team in mapping the market training needs and help implement programs on ground.
- Identify and enrol high potential start-up entrepreneurs and SMEs for different kinds of programs.
- Deploy the NEN service offerings intelligently to the respective target customers in each region.
- Identify critical needs of start-up entrepreneurs in the region.
- Must have a Master’s degree in Business, Social Work or other equivalent degree.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years with at least 3 years in roles leading projects and people.
- Must have experience interfacing with Entrepreneurial ecosystem and higher educational institutes.
- Must have experience interfacing with government departments.
- Strong program management skills and experience setting up projects from scratch.
- Ability to communicate to a range of audiences including students, teachers, govt.
- Ability to interface with senior faculty/industry experts/education partners and Govt officials.
- Must have exposure to the education structures and systems in Tanzania.
- Must have mastery of MS Office and e-learning tools.
- Worked in vocational training and skilling sector is desirable.