Human Resources for Health (HRH) Capacity Bridge Project is a USAID funded project implemented by IntraHealth International Inc.
The goal of the project is to strengthen human resources for health systems in Kenya at both the national and county levels and ultimately improve health outcomes for the Kenyan people.
In order to strengthen its team, the project is looking for a suitable candidates to fill the following positions for the next one (1) year.
The Program Officer will provide programmatic and logistical support to the Result Area (RA).
S/he will work under the overall guidance of the Assistant Director to ensure efficient and effective operation of the unit.
- Maintain and update calendar of project activities including travel and visiting schedules, staff and other meetings and remind the team of upcoming events
- Provide logistical support to all project activities including ensuring availability of required presentation equipment and materials.
- Prepare and send out invitations through e-mail or participants of project funded activities
- Communicate with the participants to ensure they are aware of the accommodation and other logistical arrangements.
- Ensure submission of properly completed and signed off participant list to procurement after every field activity
- Ensure participants transport payment are paid within the provided timelines and approved rates
- Liaise with the various partners and stakeholders in different capacities as directed by supervisor
- Draft and review routine office correspondence and respond to enquiries as necessary
- Establish and maintain a filing system for the program portfolio
- Prepare and submit project progress reports and correspondence to relevant offices
- Prepare and/or edit drafts of reports, contracts, and terms of reference for contractors
- Liaise with the procurement, logistics and finance teams on requisitioning for services in collaboration with the supervisor
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or relevant field
- At least 4 years relevant experience in similar position in a busy office or Project
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate high level workshops and seminars paying attention to detailed logistical requirements, including supporting field team.
- Demonstrate skills in documentation and report writing
- Effective Communication (oral & written)
- Planning and Organizing
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Managing multiple priorities
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees who must have been your supervisor in your current or former employment to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is September 28, 2015.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.