Work Location: Burundi – Bujumbura
Other Possible Locations:
Expected Travel: up to 20%
Language Requirement: English, French
Employee Duration: Active Full-Time
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all
backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
CARE Nederland (CNL) is part of CARE, and an international humanitarian aid and development organization that fights global poverty and provides life-saving assistance in emergencies. CNL helps the poorest people, in the most difficult places to become more resilient regarding natural disasters and violent conflicts.
The Program Officer (PO) will, within the team, is responsible for developing, coordination and management of the CNL projects for at least Burundi. Also the PO will be responsible for the coordination of consortium program, from four (4) organizations, for the improvement of SRHR services for the youth in Burundi.
The PO will work under the direction of the Africa Program Coordinator who is responsible for the quality and quantity of the projects of the Africa portfolio.
The PO and the Finance Officer will work closely together and in budget and financial issues related to the projects.
• Proposal development, coordination and management of projects
• Quality promotion, advice and support
• Policy development and Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
• Private fundraising and briefing
• At least 3 years relevant field experience, experience in Burundi is a pre
• Academic work and thinking level; supplemented by relevant experience in the area of good governance, and/or SRGR, gender sensitivity, conflict sensitivity, Disaster Risk Reduction
• Experience with project management in a development or transition context
• Experience with institutional donors (MFA, EC, ECHO, etc.)
• Knowledge of and experience in drafting program descriptions and project reporting
• Experience in monitoring projects at distance
• Affinity with financial project management
• Excellent knowledge on English and French
If you are interested in this challenging position and you meet the qualifications required, we are looking forward to receive your motivation (1 A4) and resume to [email protected] or [email protected]
Start date: ASAP