Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in Kenya.
Its mission is to be the leading humanitarian organization in Kenya delivering excellent quality service of preventing and alleviating human suffering.
The Society is the Principal Recipient of Global Fund Round 10 HIV Grant and seeks to fill the following position:
Position Title: Program Quality Manager
Reporting to: Programmes Advisor
Job location: Headquarters – Nairobi
Overall Purpose: Reporting to the Programmes Advisor, the Programme Quality Manager is responsible for programme implementation to ensure quality in programming and alignment to National policies, guidelines and strategies.
S/He will lead and coordinate capacity strengthening of the Sub Recipients (SRs) and ensure effective and quality program design, development and implementation of Comprehensive HIV/AIDS programmes aimed at combating and reducing the prevalence and impact of HIV/AIDS on vulnerable communities.
- Provide technical support for programme implementation to ensure quality in programming and alignment to National policies, guidelines and strategies.
- Provide overall support to the Program team and SRs to ensure high quality programming
- Coordinate with Regional GF staff to ensure SRs develop an integrated HIV/AIDS programme plans in line with the government’s efforts towards reducing prevalence and impact in the country.
- Operationalization of the quality standards, procedures and specification for HIV programme to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Support and coordinate the design, development, implementation and evaluation of capacity building/training programmes aimed at equipping and strengthening SRs and communities with capacity to manage comprehensive HIV/AIDS programmes
- Coordinate and/or supervise all the trainings and other capacity building initiatives within the programme including mentorship and coaching.
- Build the capacity of partner staff (SR) and strengthen partner systems through mentoring, training, facilitation, fundraising and exposure visits
- Ensure all program guidance, standards and operating procedures are developed and utilized in programming
- Represent KCRS in high level meeting with Government and donors
- Master’s degree in social sciences, health, MBA, MPH or equivalent qualifications.
- Minimum 5 years of Program management experience focused on HIV and AIDS in a relief/development context, out of which 3 year must be INGO
- Proven experience in all aspects of project management, including project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, budget management and report writing
- Proven experience managing a team
- Experience with institutional strengthening and partnership building as well as working with sub grantees.
- Technical expertise in strategic management, project planning and budgeting, resource management as well as programme monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to perform in a team approach and accomplish multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Demonstrated competence in resource mobilization including implementation of effective fundraising strategies to increase resource through grant proposals
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the organizations strategic objectives
- Strong communication and presentation skills in both English and Kiswahili, including ability to develop reports and prepare relevant publications
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic and political issues
- Ability to maintain high standards of personal integrity; establishing productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below on or before 11th September 2015.
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees.
Secretary General Kenya Red Cross Society P.O. Box 40712-00100, Nairobi