Advertisement for Program Rider / Driver
The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of America’s premier educational and research institutions.
The UW has been conducting medical research and program activities in Kenya for over 25 years.
As part of this endeavor, the Treatment, Research and Expert Education (UW-TREE) program has contributed to HIV medical research and has developed HIV treatment, prevention and management capacity through training, clinical mentorship, and webcast distance learning lectures.
The TREE Program has an opportunity for a motorcycle rider / driver. Working under the general direction of an administrator, Study Coordinator and Principal Investigator, she/he will responsible for the following:
Duties & Essential Job Functions
• Transport study specimens, results and data files
• Keep accurate transport logs for all program vehicles & motorbike
• Carry out home visits to trace participants together with designated study staff
• Pick visitors or the principal investigator to and from the airport.
• Ensure that the program vehicles do not carry anyone who is not a study staff member without prior approval of the administrator
• Clean the program vehicles/motorcycle at least once a week
• Ensure the program vehicles/motorcycle are well maintained and they have adequate fuel and oil at all times.
• Check the tyre pressure, fuel gauge, and oil gauge, daily before driving and document accordingly
• Ensure cars are serviced in timely manner and the insurance covers and gate passes are up to date.
• Assist the administrator in purchase/payment of supplies and equipment
• Pick supplies from the program office to the clinic and laboratory
• Pick invoices from suppliers, post office etc
• Perform any other duties as assigned by administrator, study co-ordinator or principal investigator
• College education
• Driving license which MUST include motorcycle riding. If the driver’s license is not stamped for motorcycles we will not consider your application (BCEFG).
• Certificate of good conduct
• Vehicle mechanical knowledge
• At least 1 year experience riding motorcycle and driving a car
How to Apply
Submit your application letter addressed to the Principal Investigator, UW-TREE program.
Include your daytime telephone contact, telephone contacts of three professional referees, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, and Copy of your driving license ONLY by 16th October 2015 to [email protected]
The subject line must read: “Application for TREE Program Driver”