The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects and Cash Based Transfers.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates only. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties for the Programme Assistant Job
- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities of all food assistance interventions;
- Analyse and prepare reports of process, output and outcome indicators to support decision making and information sharing with stakeholders;
- Follow-up on monitoring, complaint and feedback mechanism findings to ensure that corrective actions are taken or adjustments are made to programme responses as required and timely feedback to the beneficiary is provided;
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners to strengthen the quality and consistency of monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Train national and cooperating partners in monitoring and evaluation, and mobile data collection;
- Act as the M&E focal point for the management of the mKormeer datawarehouse;
- Review of new project proposals through the project review committee;
- Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Programme Assistant Job Qualifications
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Four years of progressive responsible work experience including at least one year in the field of statistics, information management or other related field. Experience in monitoring and evaluation, reporting of development or humanitarian projects and database management would be an added advantage.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement. Knowledge of Arabic or Somali would be an advantage.
- Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, advanced knowledge of excel, descriptive statistics for data analysis and reporting, experience in query building using SQL (PostgreSQL or MS Access) and data integration is desirable
How to Apply
Apply here for the Programme Assistant Job before 10th May 2017.