WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME – RWANDA COUNTRY OFFICE
EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Title: Programme Assistant (Monitoring and Evaluation)
Type of Appointment: Service Contract (SC)
Duration: One Year (renewable based on level of performance and availability
Duty Station: Kigali
Date of issue: 16/09/2015
Date of closure: 30/09/2015
Under the general supervision of the Head of Programme and the direct supervision of the M&E officer, the Programme Assistant (Monitoring & Evaluation) will be responsible for the following duties:
COMET (RMED)/LESS (COMPAS) data quality control
• Intimate involvement in data migration from the Rwanda M&E database (RMED) to the corporate database (COMET)
• Data entry on beneficiary movement and stock movement into COMET and regular checks to avoid any abnormalities;
• Compare planned and actual number of beneficiaries and stock movement on a monthly basis;
• Follow up with Cooperating Partners (CP) Reports on a monthly basis and work closely with field monitors and UNHCR in reporting;
• Check logistics data, including daily logistics’ Project Status Report (PSR), to ensure that there is no inconsistency between Logistics and Programme data;
• Investigate CP reports, PSR report, and waybills to resolve discrepancies; and
• Closely monitor data for losses with field monitors and logistics.
• Extract reports as needed from the database;
• Enter commodity data into LESS (Logistics Execution Support System), as needed, on a monthly basis;
• Prepare CP (Cooperating Partners)-held stock report every month; and
• Prepare output data for the Standard Project Reports (SPRs).
Other Databases support
• Data entry in One UN Program Monitor (PM) and government database on WFP activities, as needed
• Database update, development and maintenance
• Extension and closing of sites in the system based on project documents;
• Adjust beneficiaries’ baselines, updated planned rations and commodities; and
• Register new approved projects, modify end dates, and ensure correspondence between COMET and LESS codes.
• Any other duties required by supervisors
Education: University degree in one of the following disciplines: statistics, information technology, economics, agriculture, geography, nutrition, international development or business administration.
Experience: At least five years of progressively relevant responsible experience, of which at least two years closely related to database management.
Knowledge: strong knowledge of data collection, treatment, database management and manipulation techniques. Advanced computer skills, including at least intermediate skills in windows based word processing, spreadsheet, database, MS Access, the SPSS statistical program. Working knowledge of basic statistics.
Language:Good command of English or French (both written and verbal communication) and working knowledge of the other. A good level in Kinyarwanda.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills (Additional skills which the candidate should possess to provide a competitive edge versus other candidates):
Advanced knowledge of MS Access and the SPSS statistical program. Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative survey techniques. Experience in the design and implementation of food aid programmes; Experience of working on M&E programmes and in project management; Experience in conducting Food Security Analysis; Experience in working with International
Step 1: Create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline for applications: 30September2015.
If you have any queries relating to this Vacancy Announcement please send them to [email protected]
Please note that only short-listed candidates meeting the required qualifications will be contacted.
WFP does not charge fees at any stage during the recruitment process.
Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Application without all the above requirements will not be considered.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Fighting Hunger Worldwide