Job Title: Programme Manager, Export Capability
Organization: TradeMark East Africa (TMEA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
TradeMark East Africa (TMEA ) is funded by a range of development agencies with the aim of growing prosperity in East Africa through trade. We believe that enhanced trade contributes to economic growth, a reduction in poverty and subsequently increased prosperity. TradeMark East Africa (TMEA) works closely with East African Community (EAC) institutions, national governments, the private sector and civil society organisations to increase trade by unlocking economic potential through:
• Increased physical access to markets
• Enhanced trade environment
• Improved business competitiveness
Job Summary: The Programme Manager, Export Capability will be responsible for the effective establishment and delivery of market development programming under the key outcome of improved export capability in line with TMEA project documents and the overall TMEA Theory of Change (TOC). The incumbent will significantly contribute directly to TMEA’s third Strategic Objective (SO3) of Improved Business Competitiveness. It will be developed within a framework of key market systems of logistics and infrastructure, standards, services and technology and will link with supplementary work being done on enhancing the efficiency of trade logistics under SO3. Development of the programming will be phased, initially addressing the potential of landlocked national value chains for significant scaling up to a regional level and supporting export capacity development for SMEs and women-led businesses. The incumbent will play a focal role in managing the programme’s technical and financial performance and will serve as primary liaison between partners, stakeholders and TMEA. Programming will focus on improving the ability of firms to produce goods of sufficient quality and quantity; the availability and quality of services that support trade and technology that facilitates the production of goods and services. A specific focus will be required to address the key needs of the landlocked countries of the EAC that experience disproportionately significant costs and times of transportation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should hold an undergraduate degree in Economics, Political Science, International Development, International Trade, Finance, Business Administration, Enterprise Management or other relevant field. A post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
• At least eight years’ experience in implementing or supporting the implementation of projects, strong technical track record in developing and managing private sector programmes and ability to those principles with MSMEs,
• Strong stakeholder coordination and communication skills are essential.
• Excellent track record in developing and managing private sector development programmes and ability to apply those principles with MSMEs, good familiarity with market development and value chain programming.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join TMEA as the Programme Manager, Export Capability should Apply Online at the Web link below.
Deadline: 25th September 2015, 5:00pm East Africa