Water Services Trust Fund (WSTF), is a State Corporation established under the Water Act, 2002 and our mandate is “to assist in financing the provision of water services to areas of Kenya which are without adequate water services”.
We are a basket fund for mobilizing resources and providing financial assistance towards capital investment costs of providing Water Service and Sanitation.In our current strategic plan, we have committed to an ambitious and aggressive journey towards the achievement of our mandate, and as a result, we have created a number of new positions in our organisation structure.
We are seeking a professional and committed individual with extensive experience to fill the following position:
Job Title: Programme Officer Engineering – Urban Investment Programme
Job Grade: 6
Department: Urban Investments programme
Reports to: Manager, Urban Investments programme
Number Supervised: NonePurpose of the Position: The purpose of this position is to offer technical support on all Urban Programmes of the Fund by ensuring proper surveys, designs, implementation and maintenance of all WSTF-funded technical works.
Duties and responsibilities will include;
- Ensure that (potential) sites for WSTF-funded infrastructure (e.g. storage tanks, decentralised treatment facilities for faecal sludge / wastewater, public sanitation facilities) are correctly surveyed.
- Interpret, adapt and prepare all technical designs, drawings and bills of quantities (BoQs).
- Ensure that all WSTF (approved) designs, technical drawings and BoQs are up-to-date.
- Ensure the quality of the WSTF-funded technical works by appraising the technical condition and operational status of all WSTF-funded infrastructure and to propose all necessary improvements
- Train Water Service Provider (WSP) staff on construction supervision (formal training and on-the-job training).
- Provide technical support and guidance to the County Resident Monitors.
- Prepare new designs and technical drawings in order to respond to the technical demand of Counties, Water Service Providers (WSPs) and residents (customers).
- Give further shape to the WSTF’s Customer-Aided Design (CuAD) approach.
- Ensure that all WSTF-funded infrastructures address the special needs of women and the physically challenged.
- Keep up-to-date with new technologies in water infrastructure design and support and advice stakeholders on cheaper and more sustainable methodologies
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by immediate supervisor.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in civil / water and/or sanitation engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant working experience 4 of which must have been in the water and sanitation sector.
- Experience with preparation of plans and layouts in AutoCAD and interpretation of technical / structural drawings.
- Experience in preparation of bill of quantities (BoQ) and technical specifications.
- Experience in technical baseline data collection.
- Good experience with the design and construction and operation of sewerage and wastewater treatment systems.
- Good experience with O&M of sanitation systems.
- Experience within international projects will be a definite advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extensive surveying skills (e.g. with leveling machine).
- Strong analytical skills and keen eye for detail.
- In depth skills in construction supervision / management.
- Basic know-how in tendering and procurement procedures.
- Willingness to travel in Kenya and to carry out field visits.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications with the job title clearly marked on the envelope to the address below.
Your application should include a cover letter demonstrating why you are the best suited candidate, copies of your academic and professional certificate and testimonials and copies of professional membership(s) certificates.
It should also include details of telephone contacts, email address current position and immediate supervisor position, current and expected remuneration and three referees; one academic and two professionals.Manager, Human Resource & Administration, Water Services Trust Fund, Upper Hill, Mara Road, CIC Plaza, 1st Floor, P O Box 49699 – 00100, Nairobi. Email: [email protected]
To be received not later than close of business 28th August 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Water Services Trust Fund is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disabilities, youth, women and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.