Job Title: Programme Officer Health
Organization: Inter-Religious Council of Uganda (IRCU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Health & HIV/AIDS Specialist
The Inter-Religious Council of Uganda (IRCU) is a national Faith-Based Non-Government Organization comprising of the Roman Catholic Church, the Church of Uganda, the Uganda Orthodox Church, the Uganda Muslim Supreme Council, the Seventh-day Adventist Church, the Pentecostal and Evangelical Churches. IRCU’s Vision is: ‘a divinely peaceful, united, prosperous Uganda where all people enjoy full health and freedoms for the common good.’ The Council implements a range of programs namely HIV/AIDS and Public Health, Gender Based Violence Prevention, Peace, Justice and Governance.
Job Summary: The Programme Officer Health will significantly contribute to achieving IRCUs health department targets through planning, monitoring and implementing health and HIV/AIDS programmes in line with applicable technical approaches and IRCU strategic plan
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• In charge of project planning and implementation
• In charge of capacity building and training
• Responsible for building and strengthening working partnerships and networks
• In charge of all research, M&E and documentation
• Carry out project management and coordination
• Responsible for all resource mobilization for the programme
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Health & HIV/AIDS Specialist.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The IRCU Programme Officer- Health should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Public health and or Business Administration
• A minimum of five years’ experience in Public health programming including HIV/AIDS with a reputable organization, three of which must have been involved in program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
• Excellent training facilitation and coordination skills
• Prior experience in development of Proposals/concept papers development for fund raising
• Excellent Research, monitoring and evaluation skills
• Prior exposure and experience in conducting needs assessment
• Good report writing skills
• Highly motivated to achieve quality results and service
• Must be a committed faithful, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Demonstrated accountability and integrity
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
• Be a good team player
• Ability to work with communities
• Willingness to occasionally travel and stay upcountry
Note: Evidenced work experience shall be required for all positions. Female qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
The candidates should send an application letter with certified copies of academic certificates/ transcripts and a letter of recommendation from his/her leader of Church/ Mosque/place of worship to the address below:
The Secretary General,
Inter-Religious Council of Uganda,
Plot 884, Centenary Road,
P.O. Box 7502, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: Monday, 28th September, 2015 by 5:00p.m.