Programme Statistician Job at Kenya Medical Research Institute
Reference Number: PMSTAT-180816
- To support the statistical analysis and data management on surveillance related projects.
Reports To: Head of Surveillance
Programme Statistician Job Key Responsibilities
- Assembly, organization and storage of all surveillance data for the analysis
- Checking, cleaning and preparing the data for analysis
- Developing study analysis plan.
- Providing advice on randomization and frequently observing randomization.
- Actively interrogating the data for discrepancies, errors, and missing data, in order to verify the accuracy and validity of the data.
- Liaising with programmers about data quality and missing data, verifying data accuracy and validity.
- Discussing and interpreting results
- Ensuring deadlines and project milestones relating to data and analyses are met
- Support the production of summary tables and graphics for interim and final analyses.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications for Programme Statistician Job
- A Degree in mathematics or statistics (medical or applied)
- 3 years experience in similar position with demonstrated research experience, preferably in the health sciences
- Demonstrated research experience, preferably in the health sciences.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with one or more statistical packages (including Stata, R, SPSS or SAS) plus knowledge of any
- SQL-compliant DBMS (e.g. MS-Access, MS-SQL, MySQL Postgres, Oracle, DB2 etc); exposure to GIS analysis
- Proficiency with statistical and data management procedures (data cleaning, manipulation, summarization, tables, listings, graphics, and inferential statistical output), and report generation.
- Good analytical ability, planning and organisational skills
- Attentive to detail with the capacity to work with/ follow laid down processes and procedures
- Ability to work independently/ with minimum supervision and within stipulated deadlines and schedules
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
How to Apply
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post here and click on the button: “Apply for this job”. All applicants are required to state their current/last salary. Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews. The application closing date is 31 August, 2016.