The Pan-African Mosquito Control Association (PAMCA) is an African professional body that brings together players in the field of mosquito and mosquito-borne disease control. PAMCA draws its membership from a diverse community of scientists from entomologists, parasitologists, social scientists, microbiologists to vector control technicians.
PAMCA’s membership also comprises government agencies, research institutions, non-governmental organizations, academic institutions, student community and industry practitioners in mosquito vector control. PAMCA exists to provide a platform for capacity building, knowledge sharing and collaboration for concerted vector control initiatives in the African continent. PAMCA’s overarching goal is to bring together African scientists and other partner institutions, to work together and adopt common approaches to tackling the burden of mosquito-borne diseases across the continent.
PAMCA was formed in 2009 and registered as a non-governmental organization in Kenya in 2011. PAMCA is led by a board of management whose members are drawn from Kenya, Tanzania, Burkina Faso, Cameroon and United Kingdom. In the context of our mission, PAMCA is seeking to recruit dynamic innovative and vision driven individuals to fill the following position of a Programmes Officer
Reporting to the Executive Director the Programmes Officer will be in charge of the day to day coordination of PAMCA’s activities.
Main Responsibilities for the Programmes Officer Job
- Organising and coordinating of the organisation’s operational activities in line with the annual work plans and strategic objectives;
- Liaising with the Executive Director to make planning and monitoring decisions;
- Scheduling various activities as directed by the Executive Director;
- Developing the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission;
- Monitoring and evaluating the operations systems and processes;
- Managing of the organization’s budget in liaison with the Executive Director;
- Invoicing to funding sources,
- Management of payroll, including tabulation of statutory deductions;
- Disbursement of checks for organization’s expenses
- Ensuring timely preparation of organization’s reports.
Technical skills, knowledge & experience
- Strong financial management skills
- Project management skills
- Proven experience as Programmes officer or equivalent position
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Excellent Customer focus and communication skills
- Leadership and people management skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Networking and Negotiation skills
- Strategy formulation and deployment skills
- Budgeting skills
- Resource mobilization skills
Personal skills and attributes
- Strategic thinker and results oriented
- Attentive to details
- Team player
- High level consultation and negotiation skills.
- High integrity and sound judgment
Programmes Officer Job Minimum qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration or any other relevant field.
- Master’s degree in the above field will be an added advantage
- Duration of the position
This position will be initially available for one year beginning January 2017 to December 2017 with a possibility of extension
How to Apply
Applicants expressing interest in these positions should submit a cover letter clearly outlining their qualifications, skills and competences, an updated CV, email address, a daytime telephone contact and the details and contact information for three referees to [email protected] not later than 25th November 2016.