Programs Manager Jobs December 2016
Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust is an organization operating in rural Rarieda District. The organization began as a grass-root CBO in 2003 to assist orphaned children and youth through community empowerment.
Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust has since developed into a dynamic organization, focused on empowerment and development, both within the community and the organization. We are currently seeking to recruit talented, progressive and team-oriented individual to fill the position of Programs Manager which is based in Rarieda District, Kenya.
Due to the rural set-up and challenges associated therewith, all applicants should have a personal commitment to working with the vulnerable community. Applicants should take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust’s vision and mission before considering to apply.
Vision: People believe in themselves and work together to build a vibrant and progressive community.
Mission: Empower people and build their capacities to create positive change for children and youth within their community.
Purpose of the Position
Reporting to the Executive Director and serving as a member of the Management Team, the Program Manager shall act as a team leader and is responsible for the implementation of all project activities in the community.
This position’s responsibility includes prudent management of resources, maintenance of healthy relationships with stakeholders, creation and maintenance of an enabling working environment, and ensuring effective monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
Responsibilities for the Programs Manager Job
- Oversee day to day programs Operations, management and reporting
- Manage and coach Coordinators to enhance program management and quality.
- Develop annual project plans and budgets for approval by the donors and the Executive Director.
- Provide guidance, mentoring and supervision to project staff and the relevant communities/beneficiaries, to ensure successful implementation of project activities, targets and achievement of RWMT’s overall goals and objectives.
- Ensure all projects are planned and managed keenly staying within timeline, budget and using appropriate resources.
- Ensure responsible, transparent and compliant use of funds within approved budget and in compliance with RWMT’s policies.
- Mentor staff to help them achieve timely implementation of work plans according to their monthly, quarterly and annual targets, activities and goals.
- Conduct regular project staff performance reviews.
- Ensure continuous monitoring and evaluation of the project activities with all relevant M&E, project and administrative staff. Work closely with M&E staff to ensure all M&E data is up-todate and appropriately reported.
- Ensure all project staff keep and maintain up to date and accurate field records of activities and beneficiaries.
- Provide quality and timely delivery of all program reports, in their agreed format, as required by donors, the Executive Director and Board.
- Advise the Executive Director of any key developments forums in the project area and any other networks which may serve to the advantage of RWMT and its ability to achieve its overall objectives. Put forward new program ideas and/or recommendations for improvement of existing programs to the Executive Director.
- Collaborate with counterpart managers and staff to mutually inform experiences and remain coherent and compliant with standards and desired outcomes
- Facilitate, with assistance of office and field staff, identification, documentation, and dissemination of good practices and suggest program standardization or replication in technical sectors when appropriate
- Ensure activities are carried out in a timely manner and conform to program strategies and industry standards, as well as in compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Build effective working relationships with government institutions, NGOs, and private sector organizations operating in the district as well as local communities, schools, and religious organizations in line with RWMT’s strategic plan.
- Cultivate, monitor and promote productive relations with partners.
- Represent the project in relevant forums at the local and district levels.
- Maintain good public relations, networking and collaboration with other like-minded organizations.
- Work closely with the local community to ensure continuous engagement
Governance and Management
- Present monthly/quarterly/annual project reports to the donors and Executive Director.
- Ensure that regular departmental meetings are held and ensure the Management Team is adequately briefed on significant issues emerging from the meetings.
- Provide timely advice to the Management Team and the Executive Director on issues likely to affect/impact project implementation.
- Ensure projects are managed within the approved budgets.
- Interpret and implement government policies that affect the activities of the project.
- Oversee Health programs, Child Advocacy programs, including PSS, and Education Sponsorships; and all other donor funded programs, such as Chalice and Aphia Plus.
Program Manager Job Responsibilities
- Actively participate in the Saturday Psycho-Social Support Program for Orphaned and Vulnerable
- Children and build the community’s capacity to eventually run the Saturday PSS on their own.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by management from time to time and which are related to the achievement of RWMT’s mission and vision.
Qualifications for the Programs Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences / Business Administration; Graduate level degree in a related field is preferred. A master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum five years’ experience in development is required.
- Minimum two to three years supervisory experience in project management is required.
- Experience in Psycho-Social Support, HIV/AIDS program delivery, business, organizational development, M&E, and Training is desirable.
- Candidate must have strong verbal and written communications skills, negotiation and administration skills and must demonstrate familiarity with evolving industry standards.
- Experience in proposal writing, project design, monitoring and evaluation and other fund raising methodologies.
- Experience in budget management.
- Ability to multi-task, stay focused and organized, and works well under pressure
- Requires good interpersonal skills with ability to build personal relationships with local community leaders and members, government officials and staff.
- Must have developed good intercultural orientation and strong public relations skills.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to email: (1) Cover Letter, stating the position for which you are applying, along with current remuneration or last remuneration, if currently unemployed, (2) Three paragraph motivation statement and why you feel you meet the requirements, (3) Three references and (4) An updated C.V. to: [email protected] by 2nd January, 2017.
- IMPORTANT: All four (4) above mentioned steps must be followed. Applications not following all steps will automatically be disqualified.