Programs Support Graduate Internships in Kenya at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Dimensions of the Role
This role provides a learning opportunity for the incumbent as they provide administrative and programmatic support.
Programs Support Graduate Internship Key Responsibilities
Reporting and Documentation
- Collect, review and collate project activity specific reports and weekly plans.
- Establish and manage an efficient document management system for the program for easy access, storage and retrieval of documents in both hard and soft copies.
- File and store project documents and reports.
- Produce accurate and timely reports, program team’s meeting minutes,
- Provide logistics and administration support to service delivery partners implementing activities in the field.
- Document and share best practices, lessons learnt and success stories.
Coordination of project review Meetings and workshops
- Prepare internal and external trainings, planning meetings and workshops
- Provide back office support in monthly program review meetings/reports with service delivery partners
Correspondence and Communication for Service Delivery Partners and GoK
- Maintain a functional database and key contacts for both Government and Non-government agencies and stakeholders
- Maintain a database of service delivery partners and consortium partners in the program to facilitate efficient and timely flow of communication and program information.
Logistics and administration
- Provide logistical and program administrative support and serve as link between program teams, logistics/ procurement, finance and grants department
- Prepare materials and supplies required for the project and follow-up on the purchase requests, ordering and delivery of supplies.
- Compile relevant and required documents from the field and initiate payments for CHVs and CBTs in liaison with county coordinators.
Qualifications for the Programs Support Graduate Internship
- Graduates from Kenyan universities/reputable colleges
- Must have completed studies in a relevant field of study within the last 24 months.
- Graduates who are below 25 years old and willing to commit their time on the program for the entire year
- Demonstrated good character, creativity, honesty, positive attitude and ability to learn
- Graduates who are currently not in employment
- A Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in project management, social sciences or business administration
- Documentation and report writing skills
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Planning and coordination skills
How to Apply