Reporting to the Finance Manager, the jobholder is to Support financial planning, disbursements and reconciliations for m-Kulima program. Monitor expenditure and efficient use of resources. Update and generate financial reports for the countries.
Project Accountant Job Key Responsibilities
- Capture and interpret financial requirements to the implementing country staff for the two m-Kulima countries.
- Develop a billing schedule that informs both program team and other support teams on how to bill their time to the program and how to code expenses related to the program.
- Provide overall co-ordination and quality monitoring of m-Kulima team’s finances, capture proof of spend as required by the donor.
- Work closely with Program Managers to ensure that program work plan and financial planning are synchronized.
- Create program accounts in the accounting system and report on program assets, expenses and surpluses
- Maintain program-related records, including contracts and change orders
- Authorize the transfer of expenses into and out of program-related accounts based on approvals
- Review and approve supplier invoices related to the program and all program-related billings to customers
- Investigate program variances and submit variance reports to the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Investigate all program expenses not billed to customers
- Close out program accounts upon program completion
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to programs
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required.
Requirements for the Project Accountant Job
- University Degree in a business related field from a recognized university. A Masters in any relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Fully qualified Accountant (CPA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent).
- At least 4 years’ experience in Financial Management and Reporting.
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing MasterCard Foundation program budget.
- Sound knowledge of the financial industry, accounting principles and regulatory guidelines.
- Excellent planning, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in office automation tools.
How to Apply
- The above position has a demanding role which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
- If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be considered your application must be received by 2nd December, 2016