Contract duration: 1 year with possibility of extension.
Expected start date: January 2017.
SNV is a non-profit international development organization established in the Netherlands in 1965. For over 50 years, SNV has been at the forefront of development, helping to build local capacity and empower local families and communities to break the cycle of poverty.
We are present on the ground in 38 developing countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Balkans and operate in Agriculture & Food Security, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene.
Our 1,200+ advisors in the field come from a variety of cultural and technical backgrounds, and over 60 per cent are nationals of the countries where we work.
SNV has been engaged by various donors to reach millions of people by executing programmes in agriculture, renewable energy and WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene).
In Kenya, SNV is implementing several exciting projects in various counties in Kenya.
The SNV country office is located in Nairobi but a lot of activities are implemented from field offices in Eldoret, Nanyuki, Kisumu, Homa Bay, Kericho and Kilifi.
Reporting to the finance officer, the project administrator will offer administrative and finance support to the project team.
He/she will collect, record (financial) data into systems, analyze, take appropriate actions in case of deviations, prepare the financial reports including HR and/or project related data to the donor and to SNV according the donor- and SNV project policies.
The work location is Nairobi with incidental travel to field offices.
Project Admin Job Responsibilities
- Offer project administrative support;
- Support budget development in proposal stage;
- Familiarize oneself with project proposal budget and its translation to the relevant project documents as per project management procedures, all donor requirements, reporting dates and formats and SNV internal reporting requirements;
- Support the project manager in preparing donor budget revisions compliant with SNV and donor procedures and guidelines;
- Record and ensure complete and accurate financial transactions into the financial system as required. Review and correct project data on a monthly basis;
- Monitor if all financial transactions are done according to donor and SNV authorizations and procedures, especially the procurement regulations;
- Follow up on project related receipts and payments, reconcile bank balances, prepare financial transactions and manage liquidity levels of the project, based on guidelines of the donor and SNV accounting procedures and internal control frameworks;
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reports to the donor;
- Ensure provision of monthly reports, including cash flow forecasts, and up to date overviews of financial project status for project manager, finance officer and country management;
- Prepare, register and monitor LCB and consultant contracts, reports and payments;
- Organize, document and archive relevant documentation, keep files complete and up to date and maintain quality and accessibility of archive and files, conform to administrative and filing procedures;
- Maintain asset list at project level;
- Contribute to efficient planning and time management of the members of the project, including LCB’s and consultants;
- Support and guide project audits.
Qualifications for the Project Admin Job
- Bachelor degree in finance, business management or related field;
- Professional accounting qualifications like CPA (K) or ACCA up to final level;
- At least 3 years relevant working experience with an international organisation;
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in projects;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of donor regulations and compliance issues related to management of donor funds;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Experience with SAP will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking apply and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 7 December 2016. Please send your application letter and CV that contains three referees as you apply with position title as subject/reference. We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement. NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted.