Position : Project Administrator Assistant
Project : Toward Sustainable Clusters in Agribusiness through Learning in Entrepreneurship‘(2SCALE)
Level : Medium
Duty Post : Nairobi
Duration : One year
Grade : TBD
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a non-profit public international organization addressing critical issues such as food security, the alleviation of global hunger and poverty, environmental protection and the promotion of economic development and self-sufficiency. IFDC works collaboratively with various institutions including governments, the public sector, national agricultural research and extension systems, universities, International Research Systems and other stakeholders to implement research and training programs to enhance agricultural performance.
Position Overview: The Project Administrator Assistant/East and Southern Africa is in charge of managing finance and private sector contributions, and supervising all administrative operations of the 2SCALE project in all its partner countries in East and Southern Africa.
Responsibilities for the Project Admin Assistant Job
- Finance and private sector contributions
- Prepare annual budgets and monthly and/or quarterly forecasts
- Review monthly fund requests received from the different offices and finalize them before submission for approval in a timely manner
- Review financial statements received from the headquarters, ensuring that expenditure are according to approved budgets, including country monthly fund requests.
- Identify and communicate variances and funding gaps and recommend solutions to respective managers
- Ensure consistent application of donor and IFDC financial policies and procedures
- Review work practices and financial procedures for better operational efficiency and proactively raise management attention to potential issues in accounts, financial processes and controls
- Whenever requested, liaise with auditors to ensure compliance with relevant requirements and standards
- Monitor time-writing by 2SCALE/ESAFD staff to track in-kind contributions
- Monitor (planned and actual) cost-share contributions of private partners (companies, producer groups etc.) as agreed upon in the partnership agreements, action plans and/or other documents.
- Liaise with 2SCALE NWAFD (Ghana Office) to align monitoring processes.
- Ensure, in consultation with IFDC HQ that additional costs of auditing private cost-share contributions are being reimbursed to private partners.
- Support 2SCALE staff in approval processes, sharing and filing of documents, including contracts
- In collaboration with the Grants Manager and other relevant project staff, monitor contractual obligations.
- Assist the Project Leader and the Regional Agribusiness Coordinator in preparing and submitting reports to the donor and to IFDC in a timely manner
- Monitor leave requests from project staff and inform all team members about absences
- In close collation with the IFDC Kenya Finance and Administration team, ensure general day-to-day project administration , including but not limited to purchase of equipment and services, organization of travels, logistics for project activities in Kenya
- In collaboration with IFDC field staff, coordinate the logistical organization of regional project activities.
- Contribute to the development, improvement and monitoring of project procedures.
- Support the IFDC Finance and Administration teams in the target countries on hiring and orientation of new project hires as per the HR manual.
- Assist the Regional Agribusiness Coordinator in the personnel performance evaluation process
- Help initiate consultancy requests, review and monitor consultancy contracts prepared by Human Resources.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary for the success of the project.
Qualifications for the Project Admin Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, administration or related field, with at least 3 years of relevant professional experience, or Master’s degree with at least 2 years of professional experience. An experience in a similar position with donor-funded development projects is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, and in accounting software
- Organized and accurate person with attention to detail
- Ability to strictly meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Team player, at ease in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment. Ability to interact effectively with a geographically dispersed multi-cultural team composed of international and national personnel
- Willingness to spend long, highly interactive hours on detailed work that demands accuracy.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written). Some understanding of Portuguese recommended.
The Project Administrator Assistant for East and Southern Africa will be supervised by and report to the Project Administrator.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply here. Deadline for submission is 19th November 2016