FH/Kenya (Food for the Hungry, Kenya) a Christian relief and development agency seeks to fill the following vacant position in Marsabit Central.
(We are mainly targeting local candidates who understand the local languages)
Post Title: Project Assistant (1 Position)
Reporting to: HIV/AIDS Supervisor
Duty Station: Marsabit Central
Duration: One Year Up To 30th September 2016
Closing Date for applications: 21st August 2015
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand individual OVCs/PLWHA and their families and document their case history details
- Coordinate OVC and HBC care and support activities
- Coordinate distribution of materials support and enhance non material services offered by FH Kenya to OVC and HBC projects beneficiaries
- Ensure proper documentation is done on all distributions done
- Identify and advocate for OVC and PLWHA with special needs in the target communities
- Take part in community capacity building in conjunction with the Program Supervisor
- Enhance the development of healthy relationship between the program and stakeholders at grassroots levels
- Document and support the coordination of progress reports, and any other information that will enhance achievement of organization goals and objectives, as directed by your Supervisor.
- Maintain well updated OVC/PLWHIV OVC files.
- Sum up data collecting tools, generate and submit to the supervisor activity reports, monthly reports and quarterly reports.
- Coordinate donor visits, and any monitoring and evaluation processes
Qualifications / Experience (Minimum)
- Diploma in community health, social worker, community worker, counseling, or above
- Minimum of 2 years in community work especially on HIV and AIDS programs
- Trained on HIV and AIDS Management, VCT/HTC,
- Computer literate especially MS Word and MS Excel
- Must be in a position to speak any of the local languages
- Vibrant relationship with Jesus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to the Human Resources Manager: email address [email protected] latest by 21st August 2015. NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.